Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Relace iPhone 4s battery not go to Apple stores

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

Relace iPhone 4s battery not go to Apple stores

I have one old iPhone 4s for years and its battery went wrong recently, and I know the best way is to ask help for local Apple store, but I prefer to try myself rather to wait months. I bought this 4s years ago, and I guess its full charge cycles over 400 times already…it need a replacement installed but my iPhone warranty will be invalidated if I do the installed myself...

I got some tutorials from our friend google. turned over the phone and found that four screws on it so I removed them with a 00 screwdriver gingerly. Before doing so, remember to switch off the phone.After several minutes I was success to remove the back cover and get the battery out. I have already purchased a MPJ 2500mAh external battery specialized for iPhone 4s online and it cost me only roughly $20( need to pay more to replace one in Apple store).

Do not lose the little crews as I almost lose one…. Then remove both 2 screws which secures the battery connector to the motherboard and lift up it from the top and bottom edges carefully and use tab ( I only found a similar thing ) to pull the battery up and take it out. This need force to finish it. And finally, replace the new battery i bought properly…and tighten back all the screws and recovered the back shell.

It can perfectly work again now!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Reclined Lounger

That's awesome! Good for you. Since it was obviously out of warranty and you knew what you weer geting yourself into, that's a great way to handle the situation.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:37 AM

Freshman Lounger

That is great to know, i'm happy for you. Now I can have my Husband replace it when it needs it.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

i would like to try this if my iPhone 4s battery totally dead

Topic: Relace iPhone 4s battery not go to Apple stores

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.