Recover data from an accidentally deleted app in iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

praneeth34

Hello,

Recently, I accidentally deleted an application (called "iTalk") from my iPhone. It is easy to re-download it. However, I have some recordings in it which are lost. Could you please let me know if there are any softwares to recover data from iPhone.

I spoke with 2 data recovery companies about this. One said they have had some success in the past in such cases. The other said the chances of recovering app data is less. I need to visit them and find out. I really hope this is possible.

Thanks,
Sai
:(:(

cjmnews

Staff member
There are two ways I can think of, neither is guaranteed.

1. If you stop using your phone, for anything, turn on airplane mode to prevent updates, messages, etc. Take it to a data recovery place, they might be able to retrieve the lost data. Any updates, messages you get may overwrite the space where the data was located and you'll lose it.

2. If you reinstall the application, then restore the backup of your iPhone from before the deletion of the application it might restore those recordings.

praneeth34

Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, the app got deleted more than a week back.

Data retrieval companies charge a lot for the services. I am trying to see if it possible to do it on my own.

My friend suggested me to create a sector-by-sector copy of the iPhone and then try recovering it from that disk image. Could you please let me know how to do this.

I tried using Macroplant iExplorer software to mount iPhone as a disk

and then use Carbon copy Cloner to create a "sector-by-sector" image of my iPhone

However, when I mounted my iPhone as disk, I am not sure if it includes all files ie. esp. the "deleted ones".

If it includes them, then I can create a clone.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Sai

There are two ways I can think of, neither is guaranteed.

1. If you stop using your phone, for anything, turn on airplane mode to prevent updates, messages, etc. Take it to a data recovery place, they might be able to retrieve the lost data. Any updates, messages you get may overwrite the space where the data was located and you'll lose it.

2. If you reinstall the application, then restore the backup of your iPhone from before the deletion of the application it might restore those recordings.

cjmnews

Staff member
The restore option is most likely your only hope.

A week of use has written too much data to the storage to allow for your deleted files to be retained.

You are not going to be able to do a sector by sector copy yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.