Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone 4 battery issue?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Senior Lounger

iPhone 4 battery issue?

My ~2 year old iPhone 4 has been losing juice fairly steadily now. If I charge to 100% before I go to bed, it's down to 85 to 75%, 8 hours later. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I have WiFi or Bluetooth on. So last night I charge up to 100% and now 10 hours later, I'm still at 100%, no change in anything. So what's going on?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

2 year ago i met the same problem with my Palm, i charge it to 100%, but it just left 10% the next morning, and the phone got very hot, i felt afraid because i put it under my pillow. After i checked the phone, i found that i accidentally pressed the a button, that spent the most power of my palm, so you can check with the invisible stuff.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:54 AM

Veteran Lounger

There is no need to run the batteries down before re-charging them Check out https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/ . Modern lithium based batteries have no memory effect like older NiCad batteries had. You may want to run them through a full cycle once a month if leave them plugged in all the time, otherwise use your gadgets when you want, charge them when you are not.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

When I had the iphone 4(verizon), I was having the same issues. Battery was just getting sucked dry fast. Batter couldn't keep a charge eventually and just randomly shut down.

Topic: iPhone 4 battery issue?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.