Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes seroiusly refuses to recognize my iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

iTunes seroiusly refuses to recognize my iPhone

Seriously. I'm trying to connect my iPhone 4s (ios 6.0) to a friends laptop, running XP. I installed the very latest version of iTunes; 11.0.1.12. I uninstalled it. I reinstalled it. I uninstalled itunes and all its related applications following Apple's troubleshooting instructions, as well as using a special program who's sole purpose is to uninstall iTunes. I repeated the process several times. I made sure the various services that Apple installs are up and running, including their dependencies. The Apple Mobile Device Driver is present under USB bus in the device manager. I made sure the iphone is plugged into a direct usb port, and i tried other usb ports.

Oddly, when everything is installed, Windows does not even recognize the iPhone's camera files. When I remove just the Apple mobile device application, then Windows recognizes the iPhone's camera. iTunes has never recognized the iPhone at all, even when in restore mode.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM

Apple has help: iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

You seem to have done a few steps, perhaps the restart of the Apple Mobile Device Service or the USB Driver needs to be loaded.

Check the link.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
Apple has help: iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

You seem to have done a few steps, perhaps the restart of the Apple Mobile Device Service or the USB Driver needs to be loaded.

Check the link.
I restarted the Apple Mobile Device service many times. Not sure which USB driver you're referring to. How can I tell if its loaded?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Click on the Link, scroll down to item 5.
Click on that link, read the section that applies to your operating system...

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: iTunes seroiusly refuses to recognize my iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.