Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone restore error

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPhone restore error

I recently tried to update my iphone 3g, but during the restore i got an error message stating " this iphone could not be restored ". What do i do? Can someone help me get it back up and running again?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Apple has a troubleshooter: Apple - Support - iPhone - Restore Troubleshooting Assistant

Try that to see if it helps

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the link on the troubleshooting assistant. I have similar problem, the iOS was updated but I lost all my files. I will have to check the link on how to restore those files or if it's still possible to do. I have lost a lot of photos and videos
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM

If your phone was being backed up to your local computer or iCloud, then when you complete the Restore to factory settings, you can restore to that backup.

As long as that backup is fairly current it should have all your photos and videos on it.

If you are one of those that want a fast sync and turned off the backup, then you will be out of luck.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: iPhone restore error

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.