Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Photo app issue!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 AM

Freshman Lounger

Photo app issue!

Hi all,

Looking for a little help if possible. I have an app installed on my iPhone 4 ios5.0. It is the Private Photo Album Lite app. After the last app update in July I believe the app still works but the photos are not viewable. They appear to still be there as the albums are there along with each photo and it's file name. But you can not actually see them. Nor can you transfer them back to the iPhone camer gallery, email them or access them via wifi transfer (all built in options with this app).
I have contacted the developer numerous times but no response and the app is no longer available. I tried to find the previous version in my recycle bin but it appears it got emptied after so that is gone.
I guess what I am asking is whether or not I can access these another way? I tried iexplorer but could not locate them. Would it need to be jailbroken?

Any help would be great!! Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM

You need to have the password to access the photos, you need to use the App to export photos to the iPhone Album. The author has posted his email address on CNET, you should contact the author if the app is not working correctly.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
You need to have the password to access the photos, you need to use the App to export photos to the iPhone Album. The author has posted his email address on you should contact the author if the app is not working correctly.

Not sure if you read my entire post but I did contact the author at his email, numerous times with no reply. I have the password obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the albums or try to transfer the photos out.

I am trying to find out whether there is an alternate way I can access these. Or even if someone has the older version app file so I can install it back to the previous version. So frustrating when an author updates an app and essentially ruins it an wont even respond. The app has disappeared off iTunes as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM

I doubt you will be able to downgrade.

The point of the App was to not allow access unless you use the App. If there is a work around, it would have been posted. The jailbreak option looks to be your best option.

This is another reason that having content ONLY on your iPod is a bad idea.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Photo app issue!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.