Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Email app and gmail account not syncing (iPh 5)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

Email app and gmail account not syncing (iPh 5)

I have my email account set up in the standard app on my iPhone 5. It is a gmail account. But they don't seem to be syncing. When I delete something on my laptop, it doesn't also delete on the iphone, and vice-versa. When I send a reply on one device, it doesn't show up on the other as having sent. Things that I do in the account on the iphone seem to only be valid for the iphone, and it's Very. Annoying.

Am I doing something wrong? I have the "fetch new data" setting on "push" hourly. That's about the extent of my knowledge. All my googling just brings up peoples problems with syncing contacts and calendars (mind you, mine doesn't do that either, but that's less of a problem)

TIA

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 AM

Under the Mail, Contacts, Calendars setting, I have set Push to On and Fetch to Hourly under the Fetch New Data settings. Also make sure that your default account is set to Gmail.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM

Freshman Lounger

google support page has the answer just make a search for gmail setup in iphone 5 i am not allowed to share links sorry
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM

Senior Lounger

I had similar problem when initially setup my gmail account. The reason was i set it up as IMAP rather than exchange account....don't ask me why it didnīt work properly as a IMAP account.

Anyway, if you did not set it up as exchange that might be the problem.

Regards,
Simone

iPod touch 4G Black (64 Gigs)
iPhone 5 Black (16 Gigs)
MacBook PRO 15ī'
Ultimate ears Super.fi 5 Pro

Topic: Email app and gmail account not syncing (iPh 5)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.