Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Aluminium iphone 5 case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

Aluminium iphone 5 case

Hello all,
I have just bought an aluminium iphone 5 case from a company called Bauxite13 and wondered if anyone else had any experience of them?
Normally I would do loads of research before buying but this was a bit of an impulse buy from one of those ads down the side of the page on facebook. They look really different from the normal boring stuff on offer but after reading some of the threads on here I didn't realise there were so many styles out there.
I would be great full of any advise you guys could give.
Cheers.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm fond of unique cases myself however, I'd be hesitant to use all metal cases as they may degrade signal quality. Make sure to research the manufacturer's quality assurance and control information. Perhaps they have a thread specifically dealing with customers concerned about iPhone signal strength in their cases. - Chase
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

You have to be careful with aluminum cases,they can mess up signal and wifi. Just did a bunch of reading on this before ordering a element sector5 for my phone.Was going to get a Cleave but was told by tekcases which sells it that it can cause signal interfearenceThey recommended the sector5 because it has plastic links in the bumper to break the loop.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

No problems

Hi guys, I have received my bauxite13 case and can honestly say that I haven't encountered any problems with loss of signal at all. After reading the replies on here I was a bit worried. I think the reason is that apple moved the antenna positions on the iphone5 so a metal case is no longer a problem.
We all remember when the iphone4 came out and the antenna made it impossible to make a call even without a case on!!
I still haven't met anyone else that has one of these cases, which in a way I really like. (I like to feel exclusive:-)
If anyone is getting problems with signal loss, I would deffinatly recommend a bauxite13, what do other people think?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

Different

Well... that's definitely different. Not something that I care too much for, but I'm sure that there are a lot of iPhone users out there that would love this case. How is the quality? It looks cheap to me.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM

So shiny that one needs a case to protect the case ;-)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

Just an update on this case, had it on my phone for the last few weeks and I must say the quality is great!

The colouring of the case has so shiny and its a real head turner.

My only issue was the speed of delivery, but customer service kept me informed at all times.

So pleased with it that when the wifes iPhone 4S is up for renewal I will be ordering another

Topic: Aluminium iphone 5 case

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.