Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: i tunes Sync Issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

i tunes Sync Issues

I have two recurring issues when syncing to my PC. First, when I plug the USB cable in, the phone "device" bar appears and will open, but when clicking on "sync" it will time out after a minute or so of "waiting for sync to start." Often, I must close i-tunes then re-open it to get it to finally sync properly. Second, I used to be able to sync over wi-fi -- even when NOT connected to AC! I would open my settings and choose sync over wifi and it would work. Since the recent software and itunes upgrades, I can't sync over wifi at all. It is always greyed out! Any suggestions for either problem? Thanks!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 PM

The first issue sounds like one of your processes that help sync is not starting properly.
This could be Apple Mobile Device Service, iTunes Helper or iPod Helper.
You may need to uninstall all these things as well as Bonjour and Quicktime, then reinstall.

It could also be virus protection not allowing the software to run automatically. You'll have to look up your software with regards to your issue.

The second problem may be cause by iTunes forgetting that your iPod wants to wifi sync. Connect with the USB, click on your iPod and make sure that WiFi Sync is enabled. If it is, disable, sync, enable, sync, then test.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: i tunes Sync Issues

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.