Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I delete an already deleted text?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

How do I delete an already deleted text?

I'm new to the Iphone and I have a question that might be simple to everyone else, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'm able to delete individual texts and entire conversations without a problem. However, part of the texts (along with other miscellaneous items) appear on a different screen and I can't figure out how to remove them from there.

What I mean is that when I initially activate my phone, I end up on the center screen that shows me the prepopulated icons that came with the phone...messages, camera, photos, videos...etc. If I slide the screen over to the end position, I see new apps that I added. But, if I slide the screen back to the first position, I see a search bar. If I type in any letter into that search bar, all of a sudden deleted texts and emails appear (along with active phone contacts and apps). To be more specific, the deleted texts that I see are texts that were sent to me by other people, not my responses to them. If I try to select one of those deleted texts, messages opens up, but with nothing in it b/c I had already deleted the original conversation.

I would just rather not have those texts and all of the deleted emails appear there at all. Does anyone know how to remove them? I find it odd that they appear there. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the IPhone 5.

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Same thing happens on a iPhone 4s with IOS 6.

I had not noticed this before.

What I found is that the deleted text was removed after I sync'd to iTunes.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 AM

Junior Lounger

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 and if I delete a text choosing the edit button it's completely gone!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM

Power Lounger

Hey! I thought Hank the Dwarf had passed on to the great show in the sky......

Win7/26392 songs/2516 Artists/2520 Albums -- 160Gb Classic/2G ATV
What's so great about the Barrier Reef? What's so fine about Art?
What's so good about a Good Times Van? When you're workin' on a broken. working on a broken,
Workin' on a broken man

Topic: How do I delete an already deleted text?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.