Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Iphone 5 owners what are using?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 PM

Junior Lounger

Iphone 5 owners what are using?

What brand of usb dual or single usb car charger is everyone using? Still waitng on my white verizon phone it has been a month. Wanting to know which one works on the 5.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggavegga View Post
What brand of usb dual or single usb car charger is everyone using? Still waitng on my white verizon phone it has been a month. Wanting to know which one works on the 5.
I have a single USB cigarette plug charger made by Haier - it came with a cable for the iPhone 4, but I just use the Lightning to USB cable that came with my phone. I would think that any USB cigarette plug charger will work with the iPhone 5, so long as it has the same (or higher) current rating.

At home or in the office, I use the following with the iPhone 5's lightning to USB cable:

1) iPhone wall charger (the one that comes with the phone),
2) iPad wall charger,
3) USB port on the computer.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:50 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
.....Still waitng on my white verizon phone it has been a month.....
You should've ordered your phone on Apple's website using the "Pick up at local store" method. I ordered my 32GB white AT&T phone on Sep.26 and picked it up at an Apple Store 30 miles from my house, on Sep.27.

You're gonna LOVE the 5!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt327gir View Post
You should've ordered your phone on Apple's website using the "Pick up at local store" method. I ordered my 32GB white AT&T phone on Sep.26 and picked it up at an Apple Store 30 miles from my house, on Sep.27.

You're gonna LOVE the 5!
There is some logic to why I'm still waiting. Ordered it on the day they came out from Bestbuy, because I have 200.00 in reward certificates from hotel stays so when it does come in it will be a free phone except for upgrade charge. 16 gb white.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
There is some logic to why I'm still waiting. Ordered it on the day they came out from Bestbuy, because I have 200.00 in reward certificates from hotel stays so when it does come in it will be a free phone except for upgrade charge. 16 gb white.
Ah! That makes perfect sense.

iPhone 5 white 32GB, iPad Mini white 32GB.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 PM

Junior Lounger

One of my reward certificates was going to expire yesterday 11/3 still no iphone been almost 6 weeks. I went in and asked where is my gd phone and told them I was gonna use this cert. along with my other ones (rc) to get the phone for free. Asked for manager ,she said we will make it up to you use your 100 dollar cert. today and when your phone comes in we will knock 100 dollars off of it. So basically got a free 100 dollars. Happy about that but want my phone.....

Last edited by reggavegga; 11-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Veteran Lounger

I buy nothing but 2 amp 10 watt chargers now, possibly 12 watt if it becomes the standard now. Right now I like the Scosche power supplies since they can be had with dual 2 amp ports. I use the reVolt c2 Dual USB Charger in my car. The 2 amp chargers may charge an iPhone a little faster and they will not damage the iPhone in any way. If anything it will future proof it for a while if you ever get an iPad which has higher charging requirements.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM

I just carrying the AC adapter that came with my iPad 3. I use that to charge my iPad 3 and my iPhone 5 without issues. I have a charger in my car but haven't had to use it on my iPhone 5 yet (it worked on my iPad 3 though). It is actually a bluetooth, auxiliary, charger unit from Griffin. It uses the 2 amp, 10 watt standard so it will charge my iPhone 5 more rapidly. It worked with my Droid X and iPad 3 without issues so I wouldn't expect any problems with my iPhone 5. The main reason why I purchased the unit was its ability to hook up to my iPhone 5 (and iPad 3) via bluetooth and output audio to my stereo's auxiliary input. This means I can playback music and take a phone call (it has a play/pause button and a microphone) all while leaving my iPhone in my pocket. My iPhone's battery life has been fine with the bluetooth unit as well. It gets about 1.3-2 hours of use a day yet I can still go all day and night without having to charge my iPhone 5.

As for not getting your iPhone, it is my understanding that everyone (at&t, Sprint, Verizon, Best Buy, etc.) are having to place orders through Apple for iPhones. So they are dependent on Apple's ship times which seem to vary from unit to unit and carrier to carrier (Sprint orders seem to be going out sooner just as 64GB iPhones on at&t and Verizon seem to be shipping out sooner than the more popular 16GB models). It is going to be a long, long, long time before stores like Best Buy have them directly in stock. Hell, my local store still doesn't have an iPhone 5 on display yet they already have an iPad mini and iPad 4 in their Apple area on display.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM

Junior Lounger

Yea my store has at%t but I'm on Verizon. The only reason getting from BB is because of reward sertificates. GF has an order in at BB and at Verizon store V store says before 11/16 for her phone.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 AM

Junior Lounger

2 port car charger

Monoprice.com sells a unit with both a 1 amp output and
a 2 amp output, both USB.

Just got mine, fast shipping, looks good.

For only $6.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 2 Port USB Car Charger 3.1A - Black
Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

I would think that any USB cigarette plug charger will work with the iPhone 5, so long as it has the same (or higher) current rating.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

i have ordered unknown USB car charger on amazon, hope it will be fine.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM

annaharris
Banned

I am using a car charger which. I bought from Amazon before two months. It's working fine...
Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

I think any would work on the 5 provided that you use your own lightning cable.

Topic: Iphone 5 owners what are using?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.