Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: IPhone 4S has no sound or control

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-04-2012, 11:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

IPhone 4S has no sound or control

My phone plays no sound though the speaker on the bottom when it comes to any app's but the ringer and speaker phone works. when playing anything with sound it doesn't even give an option for volume control.(like a slider bar) when i use the side controls the gray box that says speaker pops up but show no indication of volume level as i push up or down on the volume. its as if the speaker has been disabled. i did everthing i could think of from going though settings to doing a complete restore to new and checking it before doing a icloud restore. and yes the mute tabe works and is not muted. earbuds work and it only indicates they're IN only when they're in. please help!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 PM

That sounds like the switch on the side next to the volume buttons is pushed to silent.

The other possibility is that in Notifications, you need to find the App, and see if you turned the sounds off there. Can't think of anything else.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 AM

Senior Lounger

Is it possible you're connected to an AirPlay device, like the Apple TV?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

i fixed it!!!!

there was some lint in the charge port making it think it was plugged into a device like one of those ihome things or speakers. so it was trying to play the audio though that port instead of its speaker. as soon as i picked out the lint it was fixed and hasnt given me a problem since. Thank you to all those who gave me some ideas to look into. i stumbled upon the lint while bored st work thinking about how muck i miss my podcast lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:56 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by unearthed demon View Post
there was some lint in the charge port making it think it was plugged into a device like one of those ihome things or speakers. so it was trying to play the audio though that port instead of its speaker. as soon as i picked out the lint it was fixed and hasnt given me a problem since. Thank you to all those who gave me some ideas to look into. i stumbled upon the lint while bored st work thinking about how muck i miss my podcast lol.
Best of luck and congratz to have your device back, enjoy using the podcast and be careful next time!

Topic: IPhone 4S has no sound or control

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.