Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone 4S draining fast in standby

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPhone 4S draining fast in standby

Hi

Over the last few days I've noticed that when in 3G my iPhone 4S (black, 64GB) drains about 10% an hour on standby. The usage figures also seem to go up on their own. I've disabled location services and iCloud, but I don't know what else to do from here.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM

Junior Lounger

If you are having email pushed to the phone, that could be a significant consumer of power. If so, you might want to try disabling "Push" and instead "Fetch" your email on a more conservative schedule, or even set it to "manually".

Dan
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

Cheers, but I've already done that - I think it might be the Facebook app doing it though. Will have to try it tomorrow when at college.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 PM

bogert
Banned

You know the only fault IPhone is having now a days is the battery Consume time!! The Company is struggling bro
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Uh, what?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Have you rebooted the phone? Shut it down and boot it up. I have found that on my old dumb phone that would cure mysterious battery usage.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
Have you rebooted the phone? Shut it down and boot it up. I have found that on my old dumb phone that would cure mysterious battery usage.
Tried that many times - but eventually worked out that it was the Facebook app. Not only was it using 1.5GB of my space, closing it from multitasking seemed to fix it.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

I charge my phone like 1 or 2 times a day, I thought it's nomal so actually I missed some way to stop it?

Topic: iPhone 4S draining fast in standby

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.