Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to remove iCloud playlists and songs from iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 AM

Veteran Lounger

How to remove iCloud playlists and songs from iPhone

A couple months ago I set up my iPhone 4S to access my iTunes music from the cloud when I set up iTunes match. I thought it would be cool to have access to all of my music from the phone. Yeah, well, turns out I don't want that. I have my iPod Classic and what I really want is just a few select favorite albums on my iPhone for those times when I don't have my iPod with me.

Last night through iTunes I removed my iPhone from the iTunes match list. Fine. There is no music stored on my iPhone right now but when I tap Music I've still got hundreds of playlists and thousands of songs with the cloud next to them. How can I get rid of all of that so that when I sync the albums I want those are the only ones I see on my phone?

I'm thinking that a Restore may be the only way but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

TIA

If you don't have a regular, good backup routine for your music and media you will eventually lose it all.
Hint: Using your iPod as your backup strategy is not a good plan.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Besides a basic Reset, a couple things you can try before doing a full Restore:

1- Log out of your iTunes Store account on your iPhone and then log back in.

2- Go to Settings/ General/ Usage/ Music/ and then swipe across "All Music" and tap Delete.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Veteran Lounger

I did #2 before I took my phone off the iTunes Match list thinking that would be the simple fix.
I did #1 last night with no change.

It shouldn't be too painful for me to get my phone back in order after a Restore but I'm still not looking forward to it.

Topic: How to remove iCloud playlists and songs from iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.