Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Album artwork not syncing to iPhone 4s

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

Album artwork not syncing to iPhone 4s

I just got the 4s and I love it. Only minor thing is that not al of the artwork has transferred to my iPhone. It is all still o my iTunes and iPod, but not the phone. Is it possible because it is high res artwork?

Sorry if this has been posted already

Thanks in advance for any help.
Anthony

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Reclined Lounger

I also had a problem with random albums not having artwork on my iOS devices (both iPhone and iPad). I just removed the albums from the device itself and synced again. The artwork came across on the second sync.

Current Devices: iPhone 4 (using as media player), iPhone 5, iPad 2
Headphones: Sennheiser PX100i and HD 238; Grado SR 80; Klipsch S4i
Computer: 2012 27" iMac running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

2#
Yes, but what happens when you sync for third time, then the album artwork missing again on my devices.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 AM

Junior Lounger

Same problem here. Very annoying. I haven't started unchecking/re-checking to delete/re-add yet. With over 10,000 songs on my 64GB 4S, that would be a nightmare.

A real bummer.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhill View Post
Same problem here. Very annoying. I haven't started unchecking/re-checking to delete/re-add yet. With over 10,000 songs on my 64GB 4S, that would be a nightmare.

A real bummer.
That would be a bummer, but that's not the best way do this. Far better to simply change your sync settings to not sync music, sync your iPhone, then change the option back to sync music and sync again. Yes it will take a few hours to complete, but the time it takes you to initiate this process is only a few minutes.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:37 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmyplimsoul View Post
Far better to simply change your sync settings to not sync music, sync your iPhone, then change the option back to sync music and sync again.
Not for me. I set iTunes to compress songs to 128k AAC on the iPhone- in order to fit 10,000+ songs.

Compressing 10k songs takes a couple of overnight sessions. Bummer.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

So what I had to do was LITERALLY touch every track that wasn't syncing.

I'd say about 75% synched properly once I did an "erase and sync".

Of the last 25%, perhaps 75% of those if I just deleted manually from the device, they were fine.

The last 25% I had to go to iTunes, select all, edit info, and change some field... hit apply... and then resync.

What a pain, especially if the fields are all populated (and they usually are, with my music).

A couple albums I had to clear a field, save, and then add it back in.

But I'm all synched now.

Topic: Album artwork not syncing to iPhone 4s

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.