Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Need help choosing a case for iphone 4

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

Need help choosing a case for iphone 4

Can't decide between:
Switcheasy Trim
Switcheasy Vulcan
Incipio TGP

I'm searching for a thin good looking case which will also provide good protection mostly against drops.

I like how the Vulcan looks.. but I Don't know if it provides good protection..
which one of these cases best matches my preferences?

thanks (:

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

If it helps any, I look for something with a bumper that will protect the phone from a drop. I've seen some iPhones dropped with an Apple Bumper on them and they seem to hold up well. Right now I have an iLuv bumper on mine and it looks pretty good. Soft enough to absorb a shock, and enough of a ridge to keep the glass off the table whether the phone is face down or face up. Problem is that it's a little too soft, and sometimes I will pry it away from the phone pulling it out of a pocket.

Right now I have one of your choices on order, the SwitchEasy Trim. It's the highest rated case on iLounge, and it looks like it fits well and offers good protection in a fall. I'd also be looking to see that it keeps the glass off a table when you put it down. I especially like the plugs for the phone sockets to keep dirt and dust out. Nice touch.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of screen protectors, and I honestly believe the iPhone is made well enough to prevent scratches, so unless you are carrying diamonds in your pockets you should be fine.

All this said, I was very impressed by that Griffin case built to military specs. If you don't mind an Army theme surrounding your iPhone, it looks like nothing short of a nuclear holocaust would get through this case. The video is a hoot.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting that SwitchEasy case, and good luck with your search. Too bad you can't just order about 100 cases and try 'em all.

Topic: Need help choosing a case for iphone 4

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.