Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sync iPhone to older version of iTunes.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM

[TUFF]

Unhappy Sync iPhone to older version of iTunes.

Ok, just got a new 3GS and i can't sync it to my iTunes, I get the, The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be used because it requires iTunes version 10.1 or later. Go to itunesdotcom to download latest version.

I don't have internet access on my emac and I've already upgraded as far as I could, itunes 9.2.1. Is there anyway to bypass this? I have 11 gigs and bought the 3GS to put all my music on it, and reset my 3G to factory before doing so.

Long story short, bypass the need to upgrade iTunes/downgrade iPhone from 4.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM

Power Lounger

Could go to a computer that does have internet access, download the iTunes install .exe program, put it on a flash drive & then onto your computer.

Don't think you can get around upgrading....

Win7/26392 songs/2516 Artists/2520 Albums -- 160Gb Classic/2G ATV
What's so great about the Barrier Reef? What's so fine about Art?
What's so good about a Good Times Van? When you're workin' on a broken. working on a broken,
Workin' on a broken man
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM

[TUFF]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Irons View Post
Could go to a computer that does have internet access, download the iTunes install .exe program, put it on a flash drive & then onto your computer.

Don't think you can get around upgrading....
I am pretty maxed out in terms if upgrading any software on my Mac. 9.2.1 was the highest I could get it to.

Topic: Sync iPhone to older version of iTunes.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.