Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Voice Memos not syncing with iTunes at all

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-10-2010, 11:34 AM

Junior Lounger

Voice Memos not syncing with iTunes at all

The title pretty much describes the issue; I am unable to sync Voice Memos with iTunes. Everything else seems to work fine. I am using an iPhone 4 and Windows 7.

The voice memos are entirely intact on the iPhone and play fine. I usually manage to fix these sort of things quite easily

I have the "Include voice memos" checkbox ticked. I have gone through all the things I can things of: I have reinstalled iTunes; restored the iPhone; unchecked/checked all the sync options.

I would rather not have to use a third-party piece of software.

Any ideas or is this quite a common problem?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

IPod won't sync voicememos to ITunes

I'm having the same problem with my ITouch. It starts to sync and then the transfer stalls and I have to go to Task Manager to shut everything down and get control of my computer. I'm running Windows XP.

(I've also been unable to update my IPod software. The people at Apple suggested a fix, but before I do that I have to back up my voice mail memos...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu View Post
The title pretty much describes the issue; I am unable to sync Voice Memos with iTunes. Everything else seems to work fine. I am using an iPhone 4 and Windows 7.

The voice memos are entirely intact on the iPhone and play fine. I usually manage to fix these sort of things quite easily

I have the "Include voice memos" checkbox ticked. I have gone through all the things I can things of: I have reinstalled iTunes; restored the iPhone; unchecked/checked all the sync options.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

Voice memo sync problem: solution

Well, I know you didn't want to use third party software, but the one I found was so easy to use it was worth it and solved my problem. It's called Diskaid, and there's a free 14-day trial after which it will cost you $9.90 USD to register. All my voice memos are safely stored on my hard drive in a folder - not even in hard-to-find ITunes. (I will probably transfer them to ITunes at some point.)

I turned to third party because I'm having no success in updating my I-Touch OS, so need to restore, and therefore needed to save memos.

Web address for Disakid is: DiskAid transfers Files to iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch, USB External Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu View Post

Old 11-16-2010, 05:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

iphone

I found the solution on another forum (source is at bottom)...but basically I noticed that if i created a fresh new voice memo and then synced...then it worked. So the problem then became that older voice memos weren't syncing..
so the solution is to:-
go to each old memo and TRIM it (see the little blue arrow, far right of each memo..click on that arrow and trim by 1 second)..then when you sync ..it sees the voice memo as a new one and syncs it fine

source: I couldn’t post link as i'm forbidden as a new member

(wayne, cardiff, uk)
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile FIX old voice memos not syncing

Problem: I updated itunes, synced, found many items not syncing including voice memos. Found that update unchecked most sync options. Selected check boxes for all sync options I wanted. But since sync already occured it did not sync prior date time stamp items.

Fix: With itunes 10.1.1.4 and iphone 4.2.1 voice memo sync fixed by changing the LABEL from none to meeting, synced, now the old files show up.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile FIX old voice memos not syncing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55407 View Post
Problem: I updated itunes, synced, found many items not syncing including voice memos. Found that update unchecked most sync options. Selected check boxes for all sync options I wanted. But since sync already occured it did not sync prior date time stamp items.

Fix: With itunes 10.1.1.4 and iphone 4.2.1 voice memo sync fixed by changing the LABEL from none to meeting, synced, now the old files show up.
********** Worked just fine ...Thanks much for the post! The best to you in the New Year.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Post Soultion

If you have an important voice memo, iphones and ipods have email. Go to voice memos, click the little blue arrow on the one that you would like and simply click the share button and hit email. Simply email the memo to yourself, log onto a computer, and open your email. On most email services is a download button. If there is not, I reccomend making an gmail. It is very simple with downloading emailed items. Hope this helps!

Topic: Voice Memos not syncing with iTunes at all

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.