Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Album art correct in itunes wrong on iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

Album art correct in itunes wrong on iphone

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a search and found similar problems but no long term solution.

My problem is the album art for like 10 albums is messed up they all have the same art work on my iphone. I have checked iTunes and they are correct but wrong on the phone. I removed all music from my iPhone and proceeded to resync. After the sync I checked coverflow and a few albums and everything worked. Synced my phone again for an app update and when i went back to music the album are was screwed up again. I have gone through this process twice now. After the first load of all the music it looks correct but every subsequent resync it gets screwed up. Can anybody help.

FYI I have auto sync set for itunes. I could try manual but when I used to do that I would always forget what music I have already synced and would have to resync them all. So if possible I would rather not go that route. Unless somebody has a good way of doing manual sync and remembering what needs to be synced if you don't sync everyday.

Thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

I had the same problem on my iPod touch, I had to restore from backup...it seems to be related to using the 128kbps option when syncing or the new software update, at least in my case.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

@packerfan1 - what is the 128kbps option? I looked through the preferences and didn't see anything related to that. If your talking about how your rip albums into itunes then I don't think thats it as I don't used iTunes to copy my CD's. I also don't use iTunes to get the album art either. It might be related to the software update but I would have thought I would see alot more people complaining then.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

The same thing does happen to me occasoinally. I correct it by making a small change in either the title or artist info and doing a sync. The correction is then permanently ok.

I do, however, have the same kind of problem with track length. It will be correct in iTunes but wrong in the iPhone. A resync will correct it but then another resync will make it wrong again. This problem has been previously discussed in these forums but I don't believe that there has been a remedy for the problem. Fortunately at least for me it doesn't happen very often.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

Same problem here, been going on for several weeks now. Really annoying.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:08 PM

Senior Lounger

try emedding the artwork into the music files. Maybe iTunes' database is referring to wrong artwork files...?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'll uncheck the entire album. Sync it, then recheck it and re-sync. Also, make sure that the information is all correct and uniform.

Topic: Album art correct in itunes wrong on iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.