iPhone 3G - No Wi-Fi - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone 3G - No Wi-Fi

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 PM

iPod, therefore I am

iPhone 3G - No Wi-Fi

Hi all,

Title pretty much says it all. My brother gave me his old iPhone 3G, claiming the wifi broke down after he jailbroke it using blackra1n, which i doubt since I have jailbroken my iTouch using blackra1n without problems. Basically, the phone won't connect to Wifi networks at all, it does not even spot them on the network list. I have a wifi network at home and my laptop and 2G iPod Touch all connect to it fine, i've even tried putting the iPhone right beside the router with no luck. And yes, before you tell me, Wifi IS turned on, tyvm. I am running firmware 3.1.2, jailbroken using redsn0w. I have already tried a full reset and restore, which has not worked either. I also tried resetting the Network Settings, which did not work either. Is my wifi antenna damaged? The iPhone has been wearing a case all its life and there are no signs of droppage (no dents, no cracks, no scratches, etc.) on the device, so i don't think dropping it caused the wifi antenna damage.

I don't think it's a router problem since my iPod Touch (also jailbroken, running 3.1.2 firmware) works perfectly. If it helps, my router brand is the Linksys WR54G, running wireless 802.11a/b/g

Basically, my last option is to take it to an Apple store, but it's out of warranty so I would have to pay for the replacement myself.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

-CM

Click the image to open in full size.

MacBook Air 13.3" (Mid 2011) 1.7Ghz/4GB/128GB SSD, 6G 16GB iPod Nano, 32GB 3G+Wifi iPad 2, 32GB iPhone 4.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tG4m3r View Post
Hi all,

Title pretty much says it all. My brother gave me his old iPhone 3G, claiming the wifi broke down after he jailbroke it using blackra1n, which i doubt since I have jailbroken my iTouch using blackra1n without problems. Basically, the phone won't connect to Wifi networks at all, it does not even spot them on the network list. I have a wifi network at home and my laptop and 2G iPod Touch all connect to it fine, i've even tried putting the iPhone right beside the router with no luck. And yes, before you tell me, Wifi IS turned on, tyvm. I am running firmware 3.1.2, jailbroken using redsn0w. I have already tried a full reset and restore, which has not worked either. I also tried resetting the Network Settings, which did not work either. Is my wifi antenna damaged? The iPhone has been wearing a case all its life and there are no signs of droppage (no dents, no cracks, no scratches, etc.) on the device, so i don't think dropping it caused the wifi antenna damage.

I don't think it's a router problem since my iPod Touch (also jailbroken, running 3.1.2 firmware) works perfectly. If it helps, my router brand is the Linksys WR54G, running wireless 802.11a/b/g

Basically, my last option is to take it to an Apple store, but it's out of warranty so I would have to pay for the replacement myself.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

-CM
Hi, I'm going through the exact same problem, only thing is i havent jail - broken my phone. Although my phone is in warranty, I'm a little reluctant to send it in ( i have to go through Vodacom ) and they are pretty in - competent. I cant afford another phone, and i have checked to see if it wasnt the modem's problem. Which it wasnt, my sisters Touch works just fine. I have lived with all the other things, but this is one thing i cant deal with due to poor data coverage here, and general overpricing of data here.
Thanks, Nate

Topic: iPhone 3G - No Wi-Fi

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.