itunes restore previously JB 3gs -> non JB 3gs problem - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: itunes restore previously JB 3gs -> non JB 3gs problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

Lightbulb itunes restore previously JB 3gs -> non JB 3gs problem

I had a iPhone 3gs which was JB with 3.1.2 and backups etc synced to iTunes.

I had many customisations only available when you JB like signal strength for WiFi and cell as a -db.

This iPhone is now replaced as it was cracked in the plastic casing, but they gave me a new one with iPhone OS 3.1.3

Anyway, the restore from iTunes on the new iPhone has copied over some of the JB customisations (COOL!) i.e. WiFi & Cell strength meters as figures in -db but it's also had a negative impact - the date & time in the status bar is replaced by my operator name.....its really weird! How do I get rid of this and get the date/time back?

Could it be a setting in MakeitMine that I used a while ago on the old phone? how could I change this if its no longer a JB device?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

You'll probably have to restore it back to factory settings..

Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

is there then a way to back up all sms and user created data?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

ok, i found the settings:

1. Set a fake "time". SpringBoard offers two fake time preferences: SBFakeTime and SBFakeTimeString. When SBFakeTime is set to YES, the time at the top of your screen gets replaced with the contents of SBFakeTimeString. Sure, you can set this string to, say, an actual time. Or you can make it fun using pretty much any arbitrary text. You can see the SBFakeTime result in the image at the head of this post.

iphone # plutil -s SBFakeTime -v YES com.apple.springboard.plist
Setting property SBFakeTime to YES
iphone # plutil -s SBFakeTimeString -v "TUAW Rocks" com.apple.springboard.plist
Setting property SBFakeTimeString to TUAW Rocks
iphone # restart

Question is, how do I remove this setting from the backup?

Topic: itunes restore previously JB 3gs -> non JB 3gs problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.