How to display # of voicemails on main screen - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to display # of voicemails on main screen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question How to display # of voicemails on main screen

Hi,

As you all know the phone App icon displays the number of missed calls in a little red circle. This is the total of missed calls whether or not they left a message. To find out the number of voicemails, you need to enter the Phone App. I would like to see the number of voicemails at a glance on the main screen for at-a-glance convenience.

It seems so ergonomically critical -- to know if you've got a message waiting instantly! I can't imagine this isn't in high demand.

I know if the BlackBerry {BOO! } can do it, so must the iPhone. But a call to Apple tech support says officially this can't be done. I need a mod, hack, third party app, something! Help and thanks. I'm a programmer and IT Consultant (without iPhone programming experience) so I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

-Daniel

Last edited by puzzician; 03-12-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: incorrect phrasing

Topic: How to display # of voicemails on main screen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.