Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Roll back app update

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 PM

Senior Lounger

Roll back app update

So my daughter has the original iPhone and has updated a couple of her games, which haven't worked. I suspect it's because of the phone she is using. Is there a way to roll back the app to the one that was working?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronr View Post
So my daughter has the original iPhone and has updated a couple of her games, which haven't worked. I suspect it's because of the phone she is using. Is there a way to roll back the app to the one that was working?
If she syncs her phone via a Windows PC, then--if it's not too late--it might be possible to recover/restore the previous version from the Recycle Bin, depending on how your Recycle Bin is configured (e.g., did you recently empty it, how much deleted stuff can the RB hold before older items get permanently deleted due to it being full, do deleted files get sent to the RB at all, etc.). If you are able to recover it from the RB, then you'll have to locate the file on your PC, then drag it back into iTunes; you'll get a message stating that a newer version currently exists in your library but you can just ignore that.

I don't sync my iPhone to a Mac so am not certain if similar occurs on the Mac side but I would not be surprised if it is possible to recover in a similar manner.

Tony
Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 PM

Senior Lounger

I'll give it a shot! Thanks.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Hold Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepod View Post
If she syncs her phone via a Windows PC, then--if it's not too late--it might be possible to recover/restore the previous version from the Recycle Bin,
It may also be in one of the back-ups. Check there as well.

1GIG 2G SHUFFLE 8GIG 4G NANO 8GIG 3G iPhone 16GIG iPhone 4

Topic: Roll back app update

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.