How do I replace just music?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

theexbrit

Hi all,

I have a 3G & use iTunes to sync. My question is, how do I replace all the songs on my iphone without restoring to factory settings, etc. I should point out that I'm not replacing the songs with different songs, that I can do. These are the same songs that are already on the iphone, but I've fixed bitrates, edited, re-sampled, etc. Again, I'm not just replacing the library with new songs, but updating the whole library with newer versions of the same songs. I know I could just delete my iTunes library & re-import all the songs but I don't want to lose my playlists, ratings, etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

theexbrit

Ok, maybe I'm still not making it clear. If I manually manage music, all that does is add any music I've recently added. I want to remove just the music on the iphone & replace all those songs with newer copies of themselves. Hope that clears it up.

Thanks.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Ok, maybe I'm still not making it clear. If I manually manage music, all that does is add any music I've recently added. I want to remove just the music on the iphone & replace all those songs with newer copies of themselves. Hope that clears it up.

Thanks.
Manually managing the music will allow you to delete the old songs and replace them with the new, updated, versions of themselves on your own. No matter what you do, you have to delete the old versions first.

Once you get the old versions off, you can get the new ones on however you want.

ronr

What baggs is saying is that there is no way (that I know of, anyway) to automatically do what you are trying to do. You will have to go through and manually delete the songs you want to replace.