iTunes crashes when syncing iPhone to Outlook

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mschold

I have been reading forums and posts everywhere trying to figure this out and I can't seem to find a solution. I hope someone here can help. I have an iPhone 3GS. I love it so far except for this. Here's the situation:

At home I have a PC running Windows Vista. I am running the most recent version of iTunes and have it set up to sync podcasts and manually manage music. I also sync my daughter's iPod on this computer and have had no problems at home with the iPhone or iTunes.

At work I have a PC running Windows XP and Outlook. I upgraded iTunes with the last release and had been using it to sync notes and calendar from Outlook (also manually). It was working fine and then one day before Thanksgiving it just stopped. iTunes gets stuck syncing and will never finish. I have to manually abort the sync and shut down iTunes. When I re-launch iTunes I get a message saying syncing is turned off and do I want to turn it back on.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and it hasn't worked. I’ve reset the sync history. I’ve checked Outlook for third-party add-ins. So far no luck.

I think the issue might have something to do with syncing to two computers running different operating systems, but I'm really not sure.

Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks.