Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Where did my apps go?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Where did my apps go?

I, noob here, but can't say how much this place rocks !! Lots of helpful information and great gear reviews!!

So, here's the thing. I did a back up of my 3G 8gig, no problems, then had trouble upgrading OS 2.2.1 to 3.0, got the "iTunes cannot connect..." So I forced iPhone into DFU mode and iTunes restored it to out-of-the-box state, iTunes/AT&T activation server activated phone ok, and then did a restore. OS 3.0 installed fine. All the regular apps showed up ok, but I am missing close to 40 apps I've DL from iTunes store. I tried reinstalling them in iTunes, they're all checked-ON under the apps tab in my device info page and sync'd it again. No luck....On the iPhone, in the sys prefs, in the ABOUT section, everything seems ok. It even lists that there are 60 or so apps installed, but not showing up. Weird, huh? I even tried re-purchasing the apps from iPhone's App Store, but the INSTALL button is grayed out and says "INSTALLED" So the apps are there, but not showing up in my springboard.

I hope that makes sense to someone, I am stumped. Thanks in advance for any great tips!!

Greg

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

I've got a similar problem (but not so many apps missing). I thought it might have something to do with un-jailbreaking. So I've also posted a Q in the Hacks n Mods forum. Was yours JB'ed?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yes, but now I think I've sorted it out. I used categories and had most of the missing apps in folders. I guess I need to reinstall categories?
Old 06-20-2009, 02:16 PM

Purplemonky
Banned

The same happend to me aswell. I was also broken when i upgraded but my apps were'nt in folders. Funny thing is, as i was updating it told me it was backing up! Cant find em anywhere on the pc now. Having to start all over again on the apps D'OH!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo iPod'r View Post
I, noob here, but can't say how much this place rocks !! Lots of helpful information and great gear reviews!!

So, here's the thing. I did a back up of my 3G 8gig, no problems, then had trouble upgrading OS 2.2.1 to 3.0, got the "iTunes cannot connect..." So I forced iPhone into DFU mode and iTunes restored it to out-of-the-box state, iTunes/AT&T activation server activated phone ok, and then did a restore. OS 3.0 installed fine. All the regular apps showed up ok, but I am missing close to 40 apps I've DL from iTunes store. I tried reinstalling them in iTunes, they're all checked-ON under the apps tab in my device info page and sync'd it again. No luck....On the iPhone, in the sys prefs, in the ABOUT section, everything seems ok. It even lists that there are 60 or so apps installed, but not showing up. Weird, huh? I even tried re-purchasing the apps from iPhone's App Store, but the INSTALL button is grayed out and says "INSTALLED" So the apps are there, but not showing up in my springboard.

I hope that makes sense to someone, I am stumped. Thanks in advance for any great tips!!

Greg
Greg,

I had s similar problem and it was driving me crazy. I kept removing and installing apps over and over. Finally I found the answer over at HowardForums.
Another poster said to go to the "Settings", then "General" then "Restrictions". Enable restrictions then disable them. All my missing apps appeared.

Hope it works for you.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Back in business!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overFedExed View Post
Greg,

I had s similar problem and it was driving me crazy. I kept removing and installing apps over and over. Finally I found the answer over at HowardForums.
Another poster said to go to the "Settings", then "General" then "Restrictions". Enable restrictions then disable them. All my missing apps appeared.

Hope it works for you.
YEEHAAWWW They're all back!! Thanks for the tip!

Greg
Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 AM

Purplemonky
Banned

Quote: (Originally Posted by overFedExed)
Greg,

So does that solution require being hooked up to itunes as you're doing it?

Topic: Where did my apps go?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.