You gotta be kidding ( i need to vent now )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ShadowMunky

Now that the 3G S is out, what can we do ?:mad: I don't think i can upgrade and if i want to i will have to sell my current iPhone. :mad:

Which brings me to my other problem:
My iPhone 3G is developing cracks at a steady pace. Does apple have to replace your phone for you, and if so should i try and wait for the 3G S ? I bought the phone through Vodacom in South Africa.

anypats

You will need to check with Vodacom to see if you are eligible for an upgrade. In the US, current 3G users are not eligible to upgrade unless they pay $200 more than those that are eligible. In other words, they need to pay $399 or $499 to upgrade to the new iPhone 3GS.

ShadowMunky

If there are cracks, Apple might replace your 3G with another 3G if it was still within the one year warranty
There are cracks, and they are getting bad now, and it is stil in warantee. Think i should give it a go ?:confused:
* Whoops, spelled warranty wrong

Last edited:

ShadowMunky

You will need to check with Vodacom to see if you are eligible for an upgrade. In the US, current 3G users are not eligible to upgrade unless they pay $200 more than those that are eligible. In other words, they need to pay $399 or $499 to upgrade to the new iPhone 3GS.
I only bought the phone from them with cash. No contract no nothing. I be using a Cell C sim card in the phone.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
There are cracks, and they are getting bad now, and it is stil in warantee. Think i should give it a go ?:confused:
* Whoops, spelled warranty wrong
Why would you not?? Apple's warranty covers the product for one year no matter who purchased it, where it was purchased etc. One year and one year only unless you opt for the extended warranty protection for another two years.

Basically, fill out the necessary repair forms on Apple's website based upon the device's serial number (Apple will check your warranty status using this number,) and then they send you an empty box. The empty box is for sending in your cracked iphone, and they will repair or send you out a new one.

It's as simple as this.

xman2k6

its even simpler, make an appointment with your local Apple Store's Genius bar. show them the crack and they'll replace it for you on the spot. (they did that with mine a few months after I got it). Just remember to back it up first.

anypats

They only replace it on the spot if they have one available for replacement. They do not simply pull them out of new boxes. They are boxed specifically for replacement without earbuds, cable, etc. I have been in the Apple store when they told a customer it would be a few days before a replacement would be in.

Also, that is only a simple solution if an Apple store is close to the customer.

ShadowMunky

The closest Apple store is Sandton City. That's like 50km away. I think i am just gonna phone Vodacom, as i can't find the forms on site. Apple giving us South Africans lousy service again :rolleyes: