Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: how to get flash player on iphone 3g?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Junior Lounger

how to get flash player on iphone 3g?

please anyone tell me that this is possible? all of my fav. streamig sites use adobe fp 9 or better. i tried to download and it says no, no.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:23 PM

ReyZero

Flash is not allowed on the iPhone, since Apple claims a full flash is to slow on the iPhone, and they don't want a lite version. There was an update saying that Apple is now teaming with Adobe to make a special version just for the iPhone, but similar things have been floating around forever. Who knows when we'll see one.
I think Apple is just upset that if Flash is on the iPhone no one will buy TV shows or movies on iTunes, although I will never purchase either on iTunes to begin with.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM

Pro Lounger

Alright, I'm all for not being too hopeful and having your hopes crushed, but come on!
Don't listen to Mr. Pessimist above me. That announcement was official, made by Adobe's CEO. There was never anything similar before, the only flash-related story previously was that Adobe was working on flash but they didn't know if Apple would approve. Now that they're collaborating, and it's OFFICIAL, I don't see a reason why you should assume it won't come within the next year or so. Apple wouldn't get people's hopes up like this then say: "Alright, we've stopped production on flash, moving on people, get over it.." Flash is coming soon, Rey here is just determined to diss Apple for not adding it from the beginning.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Veteran Lounger

Sorry but I'm going to have to side with Rey here. Until Apple announces that the next version of the iPhone software will have Flash on it, I'm not too hopeful. If Apple makes Adobe do something from the ground up, it may take more than a year to even develop. Apple has already said the full version makes the iPhone too slow and the Lite version didn't do it for them. Everyone keeps floating the "official" word around and the only thing that is official is that they are working together. Yes, that gives people more hope than before, but at any point either company can pull out and say their collaboration efforts are not working. I don't think it's a matter of being pessimistic, just a realist. And I'm not saying that it will never come out, just not anytime soon.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM

Pro Lounger

Logically, that's a horrible business move for either company.
I'd call it pessimist, but whatever.
Fine, so there's no telling when it's coming, but it is coming. But Adobe already said it was working on a version, and Apple doesn't exactly announce upcoming changes early, so I would say it's not too far out. 3.0, 3.1 is my guess.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have an app on Facebook (Ghost Trappers) that has an "Upgrade Flash" block on it that is interfering with my ability to navigate the page on my iPhone. It's a real pain and there's no way to get rid of it.

The box reads "Flash Player upgrade required".

Last edited by Marsman; 02-11-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 PM

Insanely Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy97
Logically, that's a horrible business move for either company.
Everybody thinks they can run XYZ company better!

U will get flash when Apple gives it to u. Finito. Go back to sleep.

And to OP's next question, last time I checked, Apple wasn't soliciting ideas for future improvement. Ask the 7 years old girl.

Topic: how to get flash player on iphone 3g?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.