Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Crack/Line on Apple Logo on Startup

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-17-2008, 03:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Crack/Line on Apple Logo on Startup

Firstly, I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered loads of times before, but I couldn't find anything on search.

Anyway, I just bought an iPhone 3G and when I turned it on, the logo that appears for 10-15 seconds has a line on the left hand side of it, like a hairline scratch.

However, the 'scratch' doesn't appear anywhere else whilst using the phone. I complained to my friend that I'd have to take it back, and he said, "no it's fine - that's the iPhone logo".

To be honest, I thought he was pulling my leg at first, then I saw his, and it is indeed exactly the same as mine. As is my brothers. I don't know anyone else with one, so can't check if anyone's got one without this 'line' through it.

So confirmation please - is this ACTUALLY the 'new' iPhone logo, and if it is, why in the name of all that is holy would they want their logo to look like the screen was scratched?

I just don't get it - someone in their marketing department needs to be hung!

I've found a picture of it on flickr, but can't post it...

Thanks,

Cookie
P.S. again, sorry if this has been answered before

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Reclined Lounger

That has been around awhile. My 5th gen ipod had the same. Your phone is fine, dont worry
Old 11-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Junior Lounger

Thats normal, thats the logo.

-JB

-Nano 1 Gen 2GB, Black
-Nano 3 Gen 8GB, Silver
-Classic 6 Gen 160GB, Silver
-Classic 7 Gen 120GB, Black
-iPhone 3G 16GB, Black
Old 11-17-2008, 06:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Cheers for the replies guys... it seems llike that is the case, just seems really odd!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 PM

Pro Lounger

LMAO, it's the logo. not a problem.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:33 PM

Freshman Lounger

The split in Apple logo

I am not certain of this but it could be that the split is an allegory representing the split in the company foundation at the loss of Steve Jobs or a simple metaphore for a broken heart after his untimely death.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:00 AM

^ Ha, you are reading way too much into it. Apple has used that same logo with their iDevices dating back to 2005 with the introduction of the 5G iPod. When restarting that iPod, it showed a silver Apple logo with a line through it. Look at the dates when these comments were posted, this thread was started 4 years ago with the latest reply (not including yours) going back to November of 2008. That is 3 years before the passing of Steve Jobs. Unless Apple has a crystal ball and predicted this back in 2005, there is absolutely zero correlation between the logo and Jobs' death.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Crack/Line on Apple Logo on Startup

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.