virgin jailbreaker with a few questions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

surfnc25

ok I bought an iphone 3g 16gb and had it for about 2 weeks thinking to myself I'm not going to jailbreak because of the fear of something going wrong. Well after 2 weeks of annoying SMS notifications popping up while playing a game or watching a movie I decided to research how to stop this. Of course the only way to stop the SMS notifications is to get intelliscreen or some other things that I didn't really want to mess with. Saturday I decided to jailbreak and I have to say it was VERY easy just like all the tutorials say. I have read that you can always restore the settings if you decided not to stay with a jailbroken iphone, has anyone done this and did you have any issues.

I guess I misunderstood the whole 3rd party apps when you jailbreak, because I thought they all were free. I understand why they are not all free because this is a job for most of the developers so I wouldn't mind paying for an app I can benefit from everyday. I am trying a few free trial apps now just to make sure I want to purchase it (intelliscreen). When you purchase an app off of cydia or installer is it pretty secure just like purchasing from itunes. I'm not saying all the jaibreak developers are out to screw people but it does concern me a little that I have to do a transaction with an individual rather than Apple. Any information on 3rd party apps and purchasing will be greatly appreciated. I may stay jailbroken if I can find more useful apps that make up for my phone being in a hacked state.

Last edited:

rgt168

Cydia has some free apps that are pretty good.....Bossprefs or the new version SBSetting, wifi toggle and switch bluetooth, winterboard for themes, bitesms for landscape texting.
I have not purchased an app yet but those I listed are pretty decent free programs. I did donate to a themes creator via paypal and tat worked out fine.

Jimmy97

Switch Bluetooth? Does that allow you to exchange files with other Bluetooth devices? Is there any Jailbreak app that does this or wireless syncing? And if not, WHY?

surfnc25

if you don't mind me asking how much did you donate because I thought about doing that for a few apps. I think these developers are pretty good at what they do and come up with some creative ideas.

I know for the app store it is $99 to start up but then how does it work from there. Also for the developers on Cydia how does that work, do they just host them themselves or pay someone to host it like iplanet or something like that?