Disk Cleanup/Defrag Utility????

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lnovak

hi there, i just bought a new iphone 3g and love it thus far. but one complaint i have is that i have not found a way to cleanup or do a disk defrag and what not. does anyone know of a utility from the app store or somewhere else that will assist in disk cleanup and defrag???

Thanks,

Les

Ed2020

lnovak said:
hi there, i just bought a new iphone 3g and love it thus far. but one complaint i have is that i have not found a way to cleanup or do a disk defrag and what not. does anyone know of a utility from the app store or somewhere else that will assist in disk cleanup and defrag???

Thanks,

Les
There's no disk clean-up utility that I'm aware of. I'm not even sure one is necessarily needed.

Defrag is *definitely* not needed. The iPhone is flash based, not hard drive. Although technically flash does get defragmented it has virtually no impact on read or write times as there are no heads to move around in order to read the device. Defragging flash is actually a bad thing as it has a limited number of write-cycles that defragging would have a significant impact upon.

Ed.