Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do you go "back" with the iPhone?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM

Junior Lounger

How do you go "back" with the iPhone?

I'm reading an email, and someone sent me a link. So I click the link and the browser opens. Now, how do I go back to the email, without hitting the home button and then the email button? Or if I'm listening to the ipod, and I get a text. I can respond to the text, then how can I get back to my ipod? Isn't there a "back" feature?

One other question: when texting, how do you turn on CAPS lock, if you want to type an entire word in caps? I've been hitting the caps arrow before each letter. There has to be a better way.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
I'm reading an email, and someone sent me a link. So I click the link and the browser opens. Now, how do I go back to the email, without hitting the home button and then the email button? Or if I'm listening to the ipod, and I get a text. I can respond to the text, then how can I get back to my ipod? Isn't there a "back" feature?

One other question: when texting, how do you turn on CAPS lock, if you want to type an entire word in caps? I've been hitting the caps arrow before each letter. There has to be a better way.

1) Nope. No way to do it. You have to click the Home button and then the email button to get back to it.

2) Double tap the caps icon. It'll turn blue to show that the lock is engaged.

___

Old 07-16-2008, 08:09 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks. How about moving the cursor to correct a typo a few words back? I tried tapping the text where I want the cursor to go, but no luck. I have to delete everything I typed, all the way to the error, and retype it all.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
Thanks. How about moving the cursor to correct a typo a few words back? I tried tapping the text where I want the cursor to go, but no luck. I have to delete everything I typed, all the way to the error, and retype it all.
Hold your finger over the word you are typing and a "loupe" will appear allowing you to move the cursor where you want.

To be able to double-tap the caps lock you have to enable it in Settings > General > Keyboard
Old 07-16-2008, 09:53 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe3
Hold your finger over the word you are typing and a "loupe" will appear allowing you to move the cursor where you want.
Right, but not just over. Actually touch and hold the screen where you want the insert point to invoke the loupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe3
To be able to double-tap the caps lock you have to enable it in Settings > General > Keyboard

Isn't it on by default though?

___

Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Monkey
Isn't it on by default though?
I just had to set mine to "ON" a while ago and that's why I responded to this question

Actually I was searching the posts to see if there was something about poor phone signal while on 3G...

Bests
Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks for the capslock pointer. I'd been wondering the same thing. And yes, you apparently do have to activate it in settings.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:21 AM

Junior Lounger

Thanks! Yes, I had to activate it in Settings. Thanks for the capslock tip too. There should be a tips post stickied at the top. I can't be the only person wondering these things.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:21 AM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sights0d
Thanks for the capslock pointer. I'd been wondering the same thing. And yes, you apparently do have to activate it in settings.

Weird. I don't remember activating that, but I do get cap lock with a double tap.

___

Old 07-17-2008, 05:34 AM

The power that be.

I never had to activate my caps lock. Also in the settings you can make it so that your home button acts as a shortcut to the iPod app. All you have to do is double click the home button and it gives you the option to jump to the iPod or track foreward etc.

Topic: How do you go "back" with the iPhone?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.