iPhone's Google Maps app

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Scott in H-town

Do you guys ever use the satellite view?
I do, and sometimes when I zoom, at the highest zoom, the image goes away and is replaced with "no images" for each 'square' of image.

This doesn't happen in all locations, but I went for a long time w/o noticing this or finding this.

Do you guys ever see this? If not, I may give a specific location for you to test your app vs. mine.

Thanks in advance!

grp318

When you zoom in and see no image, that means you have zoomed as far as you can go. The satellite can see only so far. Basically you are tring to see something that is not there. Zoom out a little bit and enjoy.

Scott in H-town

Thanks. I understand that, but the strange part is that some areas allow me to zoom until it just doesn't zoom anymore... it stops you from being able to try.

And some areas it lets you try to zoom one more factor, but erases the screen and puts the "no images" thing all over.

I just found it strange that in some places it did that and others it didn't. Also, I wanted to find out if I was alone in this finding or if it's normal.

I appreciate your response.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
it is normal, google doesnt have ultra high satellite resolutions in all areas. Some are a higher level of zoom than others. Usually rural areas have less zoom capabilities.