Issue with IPOD function

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

tnutzinc

Owner TopIndieArtists.com
Website
TopIndieArtists.com
Has anyone noticed that if you have a long filename of playlist or album, that you cant view the whole title? (when in playlist mode) so if you have a lot of mixtapes that start with the name of the same DJ it doesnt auto scroll through the whole title like it does on a REAL ipod!!?? Will this get fixed??? This seems like another small oversight from the programmers! WTF!

One thing after another...SDK dont even work for PC users!!! what next!!!???? THey better get their act together before the next wave of cell phones come out!!!

BlackWolf

first of all: yeah, titles don't scroll. but actually how should that be implemented? I mean if it scrolls the whole time that would be just as annoying as it not scrolling at all.

as for the SDK: did you REALLY expect it to come out for PCs? the SDK is based on cocoa which uses Mac OS X frameworks all over. and even if it wouldn't, how stupid would apple be releasing the SDK for PCs?
just imagine the following: microsoft decides they want to be present on the iphone and they want to release msn messenger for the iphone. what happens now? microsoft has to actually buy an intel mac and code their stuff on that intel mac. would be kind of funny? and they would have paid apple money.
but honestly, besides the money they get from this, I don't think this is even possible technically.

PG4G

The largest recorded purchase of macs was by Microsoft in the development of the XBox as they use the same processor :p something like 500 of them! hahahah

jason72780

I was at a show and the xbox 360 was
being demod a few months before it came out and under the table where a 360 shouldve been was a mac

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
BlackWolf said:
first of all: yeah, titles don't scroll. but actually how should that be implemented? I mean if it scrolls the whole time that would be just as annoying as it not scrolling at all.
It would at least be nice for titles/albums/artists to scroll on the now playing screen, though. Perhaps for list screens they could implement either a button to scroll titles, or the ability to swipe across a specific title to scroll it left or right? Maybe I'm dreaming. :p

BlackWolf

Dim said:
It would at least be nice for titles/albums/artists to scroll on the now playing screen, though. Perhaps for list screens they could implement either a button to scroll titles, or the ability to swipe across a specific title to scroll it left or right? Maybe I'm dreaming. :p
yeah, well, I don't know. I would like to see scrolling titles as well, but I think auto-scrolling is the wrong way to do it, because it can get annoying. granted, its maybe ok for the now-playing-screen, but definetly not for the lists. you could make it that if you tap and hold a line it starts to scroll or something.

well, let's hope 2.0 does that. otherwise we have to code a new musicplayer with the SDK :p

oh and @xbox360: lol. owned.

tnutzinc

Owner TopIndieArtists.com
Website
TopIndieArtists.com
scrolling titles

Dim said:

cosign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnutzinc2pointO

Website
www.usa.com
tnutzinc said:
Has anyone noticed that if you have a long filename of playlist or album, that you cant view the whole title? (when in playlist mode) so if you have a lot of mixtapes that start with the name of the same DJ it doesnt auto scroll through the whole title like it does on a REAL ipod!!?? Will this get fixed??? This seems like another small oversight from the programmers! WTF!

One thing after another...SDK dont even work for PC users!!! what next!!!???? THey better get their act together before the next wave of cell phones come out!!!
luvin' yr style, tnutz!

Fav. Shows: Family Guy, Sopranos, Weeds, Brotherhood, Boondocks, Heroes, House, Afro Samuri, Californication, Curb your enthusiasm. Love to see ppl copying my signature style

tnutzinc2pointO

Website
www.usa.com
tnutzinc said:
03-18-2008, 02:32 PM #7
tnutzinc
Junior Lounger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim
It would at least be nice for titles/albums/artists to scroll on the now playing screen, though. Perhaps for list screens they could implement either a button to scroll titles, or the ability to swipe across a specific title to scroll it left or right? Maybe I'm dreaming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fav. Shows: Family Guy, Sopranos, Weeds, Brotherhood, Boondocks, Heroes, House, Afro Samuri, Californication, Curb your enthusiasm. Love to see ppl copying my signature style

lubbin' yr stylez tnut!