Anyone Have a Problem with Case-Mate Case for iPhone?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xmarcelo

I purchased a Case-Mate Signature iPhone Case and Holster combination in the summer of 2007. I loved the protection that the combination of the holster and case provided the iPhone. In November, I was getting into my car and the clip snapped. I presume this had to do with the position of the holster on my hip and the tension created by the movement of my body getting into the car, all of which is intended for the case.

I contacted Case-Mate and explained what had happened. The case and holster otherwise had been cared for properly and were in excellent condition. The Company responded quickly, asked to inspect the broken item, and promptly replaced the defective unit.
About a week ago, I was getting out of my car and the same thing happened. I contacted Case-Mate and explained what happened. This time, they responded by saying that the item is out of warranty and they could not help me. I wrote to them and offered to send them the case to prove that the case was not misused or abused. I asked if I could buy a replacement clip and they said they do not stock them. I called and spoke with Hallie Lieberman in the Consumer and Customer Service department and tried to appeal to her. While she was polite, she basically said that I was out of luck.

I spent $50 on the combination unit. While I do not expect a company to warranty every product for a lifetime, I do expect that a company stand behind their product; especially, when the product is breaking in instances of its intended use and otherwise cared for properly. In my opinion, Case-Mate has not. I do not believe that a person carrying a device on their hip in a holster designed to be worn in that position has to be conscious of making ordinary movements and the way they do everyday activities. It seems to me that Case-Mate did not engineer the clip portion of their product properly. This clip portion is not forgiving enough for its intended uses and, as proven in my case, failed twice. I am a business executive and the case was not exposed to extreme conditions; it is in excellent condition, save for the clip. My recommendation to anyone considering purchasing a Case-Mate product is to ask them in writing if they are aware of any of their customers having complained about the clips failing on their holsters and if one does fail outside the warranty period, what will the Case-Mate do to accommodate the customer or to remedy the situation.