"3G" iPhone???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

minimidget

I was just Watching G4, and they stated that apple is coming out with a "3G" iPhone.... apparently it will have longer battery life, but I'm not entirely sure what it is, anyone heard of it?

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
3G is the kind of network.

My phone shows signal strength for 1X and EV-DO.

1X is a slower connection for data transfers, EV-DO (and EDGE on other networks) is faster.

3G is faster still.

everunman

A 3g and 16gb (or 32gb) iphone would be perfect and its coming next summer (usa time)

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
Some of us are a year and a half away from buying another iPhone. Personally, I don't have a problem with the 2G Edge Network connection, mainly because I usually use it within my wireless network. A 3G iPhone will make a lot of people happy though, mainly people outside of the US. An increase in storage capacity is practically a given. The only thing that concerns me is the potential for Apple to drop support for the first generation iPhone, much like they do when new generations of iPod come out. With any luck, Apple considers iPhone more of a platform than a phone, meaning that they'll treat it to the kind of backward compatible support that the MacOS enjoys.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
Surf Monkey said:
Some of us are a year and a half away from buying another iPhone. Personally, I don't have a problem with the 2G Edge Network connection, mainly because I usually use it within my wireless network. A 3G iPhone will make a lot of people happy though, mainly people outside of the US. An increase in storage capacity is practically a given. The only thing that concerns me is the potential for Apple to drop support for the first generation iPhone, much like they do when new generations of iPod come out. With any luck, Apple considers iPhone more of a platform than a phone, meaning that they'll treat it to the kind of backward compatible support that the MacOS enjoys.
thats good news for sure.