iPhone wont receive SMS Texts???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BlueSim

I JUST got an iPhone today and I noticed that when i send out a text, im not able to receive one. Ive tested with the iPhone and another phone side by side and the iPhone successfully sends a texts but when the other phone responds to it, the iPhone doesnt receive it. How do I fix this problem cuz its really annoying. - oh and it has the latest software as well (1.0.1)

BlueSim

i actually just received my first message - from AT&T. it said "Important Free Message from AT&T: Welcome! Your phone is now ready to receive calls." This message came at 1AM after ive been using the phone all day making calls

marc8773

BlueSim...

I'm having this problem as well. I have had it for a day. I seem to receive the AT&T free messages but nothing else. Is everything working for you? Any insight you can provide me? You're right, this is VERY annoying.

BlueSim

after a day, i started receiving them. i guess it just takes awhile. it will work, just wait

marc8773

did you switch to AT&T from a different carrier? I think that was the problem after speaking with AT&T last night. I tested it this morning from my wife's sprint phone and it worked!

XBudd

iPod Thrower
Website
www.iTradeVideoGames.com
Im having the same problem right now.
I switched from Verizion to AT&T today.

If it is a matter of finalizing the switch, then I am ok with that!
So your SMS messaging works now?

marc8773

It started working for me after a day or two. Cant remember now. But I also called AT&T and they entered in a report for the tech dept. as well. I dont know if it was the tech people who fixed it or if it fixed naturally.

RompaRoom

up_all_night
I have the "200 free text messages" or whatever, I dont use them really at all.

But I was just curious, does that mean we could receive them and up to 200? Or can we only send 200 and get charged for receiving them?

Staszek

XBudd said:
Im having the same problem right now.
I switched from Verizion to AT&T today.

If it is a matter of finalizing the switch, then I am ok with that!
So your SMS messaging works now?

Thats most likely the problem, the text routing is different from the phone routing.

I remember when I had the old AT&T before they were Cingular (then ATT again lol) when I upgraded my phone i went from AT&T service to Cingular and it took a day or so for the texts to get fixed because even though they were the same company now the routing had to be redone.

marc8773

RompaRoom said:
I have the "200 free text messages" or whatever, I dont use them really at all.

But I was just curious, does that mean we could receive them and up to 200? Or can we only send 200 and get charged for receiving them?
200 texts means you may use up to 200 text messages combined.