Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Syncing with Outlook is reversing first and last name

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:22 AM

Freshman Lounger

Question Syncing with Outlook is reversing first and last name

In Outlook 2007 when I add a new contact and type in the full name (say John Doe) it puts in the full name field "John Doe" and files it as Doe, John. This is how I have always done it and all of my contacts are setup like that.

When I add a contact from my iPhone and sync it with Outlook, it transfers over the data fine but when it inserts the new contact it files it as lastname, firstname (as it should) but also puts lastname, firstname in the "Full Name" Field (ie Doe, John).

Is there any way to have it sync contacts from the iPhone to Outlook and keep the Full name as "Firstname Lastname" instead of inserting it as "Lastname, Firstname". I feel as though I've tried everything in Outlook 2007 that I can think of with no luck.

Normally I would just change Outlook to work the way the iPhone inserts the contacts, but I use Plaxo to sync with my Macbook and Address Book tends to switch the contacts around, back to the way it should be (firstname lastname).

Any help would be a lifesaver! Driving me nuts...

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Same Problem!!!

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem.

If I start off in Outlook with the fullname as "John Doe", and the display name as "John Doe", everything is perfect.

Also, on my iPhone it is setup as "John Doe". Firstname and Surname correct.

Then: If I change any of the fields, and then use iTunes to do a sync, then it will actually change the fullname field to "Doe, John". It will leave the display name as "John Doe".

WHY?

All of the other threads dealing with these sorts of problems all change the order of the display name. The other threads just assume that the fullname field works 100%.

I think that it is iTunes that causes the sync problems!

I also use Plaxo to do an online sync, which seems to work perfectly!

Any ideas?

Topic: Syncing with Outlook is reversing first and last name

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.