Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 07-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Junior Lounger

Question iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Admin, If this can be made into a sticky that would be great since I dont know how.

Now that I have had a weekend of testing the iPhone out I have found a couple of bugs:

1. When taking a snap-shot from the contact-edit page to display a picture the contacts app crashes and I end up at the Home screen. This is not the case when I take a picture using the picture widget and then select the picture from the contact-edit page.
2. If you are successful in taking a picture and applying it to your contact the picture does not appear in your picture library. So if remove the contact picture you lose your picture.
3. A couple of safari crahses, especially when using the edge network.
4. Not a bug, but no way to save pictures from safari or email which sucks.
5. The calendar widget displays the current date and day of week which is good but the Weather widget does not display the current temperature from your selected city.

If you got more add them here.
Thanks
- Jorge

djJASMAN
email: santiago.iphone@gmail.com
iPod: Starting with the 2G iPod, I have own and used every variation since then.
iPhone: I have used, tested, & purchased every one thus far.
(I know - )

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Can't figure out how to set song from itunes as ringer.

IMAP email does not work. I have tried every combination.

When typing email or text message, I wish you could turn the iphone sideways so that the letters were further apart. I tend to fat finger letters and numbers a lot.

8 Gig iPhone, 80 Gig Video iPod, 40 Gig iPod in my car, Black 4Gig Nano in the Gym, Red 4 Gig nano and 2 - iPod Minis for the kids
Etymotic ER-4 earphones
37,979 Songs, 167days, 21h, 13m, 30s 162.4 Gig
When is enough enough??
Old 07-02-2007, 03:41 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattk11
Can't figure out how to set song from itunes as ringer.
This is currently not possible on the iPhone.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjasman
5. The calendar widget displays the current date and day of week which is good but the Weather widget does not display the current temperature from your selected city.

If you got more add them here.
Thanks
- Jorge
actually it does display the current temp for the city, its the big number at the top of the display, its not the high or low or w/e
Old 07-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

When the iPhone is really hot from browsing or doing any energy comsuming activity, it sometimes freezes.

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuo
When the iPhone is really hot from browsing or doing any energy comsuming activity, it sometimes freezes.

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.
Wow. I have to let my mobile phone 'cool down'? That's really inconvenient.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've been having SYNC problems. It gets about 10 minutes into a SYNC operation, and it crashes. iTunes gives me 5-7 "Device Timeout" messages, before just sitting there. Checking the iPhone, I need to "cancel" the sync, and going to the iPod, it sits there still saying "Cancelling Sync", until I unplug the phone entirely.

I've restored my iPhone's firmware with no luck. Up until I restore however, the images on my iPhone's "Coverflow" were all mixedup... not properly matched with the right album, etc. After several syncs, it had almost everything in my library, but with mixed up album art.

After the restore, the syncing hasn't been complete, but now at least the album art is correct. It's been a real irritation. I imagine that if I were on a Mac, I wouldn't be seeing this. Instead I'm on Windows XP and I've gotten nothing but grief. I thought depriving me of diskmode and drag-and-drop was supposed to spare me these headaches. As it stands, I simply want to ADD ONE SONG to my iPhone... I can't... I need to sync everything, or risk having the sync process REMOVE things I've "unchecked".

PAIN IN THE BUTT.

Other than that I'm really happy though... if that makes any sense.

~ CB
Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM

Junior Lounger

Talking Correction on the Widget Calendar and Weather issue

I guess I wasnt clear on my explanation of the Widget Calendar and Weather issue.
Both the Weather and Calendar widgets work great when you activate them.
What I was refering to in my first post was the widgets as they appear in the iPhone's menu. If you look at the iPhone's widget from the menu each has an icon that identifies what the widget is. Well, the Calendar's icon is dynamic, which is to say it changes to illustrate the current date. The Weather's icon is not dynamic and therefor it does not illustrate the current Temperature of your selected City on the icon itself.

Again, not a bug, per say, but something else to say WOW about if they had included that feature for the Weather Widget.

djJASMAN
email: santiago.iphone@gmail.com
iPod: Starting with the 2G iPod, I have own and used every variation since then.
iPhone: I have used, tested, & purchased every one thus far.
(I know - )
Old 07-05-2007, 05:09 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjasman
I guess I wasnt clear on my explanation of the Widget Calendar and Weather issue.
Both the Weather and Calendar widgets work great when you activate them.
What I was refering to in my first post was the widgets as they appear in the iPhone's menu. If you look at the iPhone's widget from the menu each has an icon that identifies what the widget is. Well, the Calendar's icon is dynamic, which is to say it changes to illustrate the current date. The Weather's icon is not dynamic and therefor it does not illustrate the current Temperature of your selected City on the icon itself.

Again, not a bug, per say, but something else to say WOW about if they had included that feature for the Weather Widget.
Ya that would be a sweet feature... They should have done that ;p...
Old 07-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

Paused Video Freezes Device

Wondering if any other users have experienced this problem. While viewing a video through the iPod, the device freezes up when playback is paused and sleep mode activates. This has happened to me twice in the last couple of days. I had to reset the iPhone to resume use.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Junior Lounger

Ive been using mine extensively since I got it on Friday.

It locked up on me once, the day I got it. No biggie, hasnt happened again.

Safari tends to crash.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:20 PM

I am having a problem with the volume on calls using the speaker portion of the iPhone. Using the earbuds helps a little but the volume is still way to low. Others are having the same problem as posted on this thread "iPhone volume is too low" at Apple discussions as I am having. I called tech support (1-800-MY-iPhone or 694-7466) and he logged the complaint for the technicians so that it can be corrected via a firmware upgrade.

Using the speaker with the iPod portion of the iPhone works and I can hear the sound just fine. It's only happening on calls. So far this is the only problem I've found but haven't finished testing things out fully as of yet.

Another problem is with 'Mail'. There isn't any way to mass delete numerous emails at once or set the 'Show' section under 'Mail' so you can only view recent emails from a certain date and fewer amounts under 25. All of my old emails are on my iPhone and I don't need them being transferred to the iPhone. I only want the current ones to be transferred. It would be nice to have more mail sorting options.

As an added note don't forget to give Apple feedback on the iPhone so some of these issues can be fixed with the next firmware update.

Edit: Resetting the iPhone helped to increase the volume on calls. It is an improvement but it still could stand to be increased a bit more.

Last edited by honeybee1236; 07-07-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

Aside from the 40 hour wait to activate my iPhone (finally got it working last Sunday) it has been glitch-free...up until today. I switch between the many features of the phone very frequently, from SMS to Safari to Mail to Camera to Photos to Google Maps in a matter of a few minutes. I love this thing!

However, I noticed today that my phone got a bit "slower". The slider bar was very choppy. The phone was "reluctant" to change the orientation of my pictures and internet browser, and when it did, it too was very choppy. There was a delay when I input my passcode. I started getting a bit worried. Then the phone started acting even stranger. It would constantly return to the main "widgets" screen within 1-2 minutes of activating a feature. I'd listen to a song, then it would cut off and go to the main screen. Google maps would load, then again it would crash and go back to the main screen. Same thing for Safari; load a website, it crashes, and return to main screen. Its only been 5 days and already my iPhone got glitchy.

I then realized that I didn't turn the phone off for about 48 hours. Without powering off, I would charge it and go to sleep, or charge it in my car during my commute. I didn't know how to reset the thing when it got glitchy, so I just turned it off for 1 minute. I turned it back on, and voila...it was good as new. Slider bar was smooth, everything again ran perfectly. So, every now and then I "power off" the phone to keep it running smoothly.

I don't know how to explain this problem, has anyone else run into a similar situation?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:12 AM

Junior Lounger

yah thats exactly how mine is. I just turn it off once or twice a day
Old 07-07-2007, 03:36 AM

Mac Daddy

well, mine just froze up and wont do anything, wont turn off so I can restart it it just sits there with the backlight on?????? I hope it dies so I can hopefully hook it up to the wall and it turns back on, wish me luck.........

Topic: iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.