iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here - Page 3 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 07-11-2007, 11:58 AM

Junior Lounger

My biggest complaint is that the auto correction on the keyboard will randomly stop functioning. I think this happens most often when loading a large page (like a non-optimized forum page).
Old 07-12-2007, 11:00 AM

Senior Lounger

One other glitch I've found is that the battery doesn't seem to indicate a full charge if you charge it on the wall plug. This causes the usage statistics to not reset.

The workaround that have seemed to work so far is:
Once the iPhone has appeared to charge fully (but still no plug icon)...
1. Turning off Wifi
2. Un-plug from wall
3. Re-plug to wall
Then you should see a wall plug icon on the battery.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 PM

Veteran Lounger

Okay, here's a weird (and new I think) bug.

I have several playlists that I synch to the iPhone. One's songs that haven't been played recently and one's songs that I've added in the last four months. Thing is, when I go to play the least recent playlist, the songs in it are all from the recently added list. The least recently played songs are all on iPhone and can be accessed through either the Songs, Artists or Albums views but the least recent playlist shows the wrong songs. Anyone else seeing playlists showing the wrong songs on iPhone?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 PM

Freshman Lounger

device timeout errors during sync

I was getting device timeout errors when trying to sync my iPhone to my PC iTunes music library. Here's how I fixed it.

- I was using some crappy third party iPod cable to connect the dock to my PC.
- I swapped that cable out and replaced it with the original iPhone cable that came with the box.

The device timeout sync errors magically went away.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Freshman Lounger

Here's something weird. Just got my iphone a couple of days ago and so far it has exceeded my expectations as far as fun-ability and usability. The only thing that has happened is yesterday i was on a call, another call came in, the call i was talking to hung up right as i went to the other call. the phone started vibrating like a call was coming in and continued to pulsate-vibrate while on the call. I hung up, made another call, and again it pulsated-vibrated through the duration of the call. Called a few more people to see and continued to do it. Turned the phone off, back on and no more. No big deal i guess but it was interesting. Thought ya'll might like to hear it.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Junior Lounger

When I synch my iPhone, it opens iPhoto instead of iTunes. I just quit iPhoto and open iTunes. No big deal, but it is a little annoying.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've been having a couple problems with mine

1) When I'm listening in iPod mode, sometimes the song title/song playing don't match up or the album art/song playing don't match up.

2) When I try to sync my podcasts it transfers ALL of them no matter what setting for how many I choose.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:48 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanCook
When I synch my iPhone, it opens iPhoto instead of iTunes. I just quit iPhoto and open iTunes. No big deal, but it is a little annoying.
That happens only when you have images in your iphones camera folder... wish it would remember and only do it when there are NEW ones in there ;p
Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 AM

Junior Lounger

Viewing Map Directions then it just takes me back to the home screen while Im in the middle of it.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Junior Lounger

"Syncing" contacts with outlook is hardly a sync at all. If you put a contact manually on the phone and expect it to go to your contacts list in outlook when you next sync you will be disappointed. It won't sync back to your contacts list and it seems to sometimes delete the item from your phone without warning.

Last edited by cherno; 07-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 PM

Veteran Lounger

I haven't been able to go more than a couple minutes without Safari crashing on me today. Apple really needs to fix this issue. I'm not enjoying having it quit over and over again.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Senior Lounger

Did you clear your Safari cache out (done through Settings-Safari, option at the bottom), and does that help?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldunn
Did you clear your Safari cache out (done through Settings-Safari, option at the bottom), and does that help?

I did that and I rebooted iPhone. It helped. Thing is, one really shouldn't have to do that stuff to make sure the browser is reliable.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

FFFF, wrote this whole long thing on my issues I faced and this damn site asked me to log in and lost everything I wrote WTF.

Gonna condense issues:
-Voicemail feature to change to personal message failed, call directly into AT&T as a work around.
-Slide lock failed to work, got it to work through a trick by doing the slide attempt then right after pressing the home button, worked perfectly. reset fixed this anyhow once I figured it was not some lock feature thing I did.
-Music/Videos (basically IPOD stuff) stopped showing content, music or anything, had to reset, fixed it right away.
-Wicked annoying but when surfing or google map or directions, the window would autmatically close and go to the home page as if a phantom hit my home button, rest function fixed this also.
-sound seems low, the speaker seems fine to me, but that earpiece seems too quiet, I am probably going deaf maybe it is from the Bang Camaro blasting away in my head, but I know I am not the only one to report this issue.

Generally i love this phone (if the reset function did not fix stuff so easily I would be wicked annoyed), sure there are some things they should fix like being able to maybe some of you know how:

-sync with FireFox.

-Browser saving my username/password and/or recalling the name I used in the field so I do not have to type it out every single time with my fat fingers.

-taking outlook calendar info completely (unless someone can tell me how to get it to show up this way), IE: if you put a begin date and end date for lets say a vacation, why does the iphone not take that data across then dates, instead they only take the first date (vacation 7/15 - 7/25....outlook will show this across all those dates....iphone will only show the initial date 7/15)

-copy paste function...oooooh that would be soooo awesome, use it all the time.

-be able to use the phone sideways with every features especially email.

-flash/macromedia to be able to use safari as a true browser seeing trailers, sports clips or otherwise

-change the home menu

-be able to delete multiple emails.

-be able to send email easily...so far not clear what outgoing mail server I need to use...I always get errors when trying to send email or replying to email. Aha found work around, not tested it yet, you can use the AT&T outgoing mail server on the edge network: If your ISP does not allow you to connect to their outgoing mail server to send email from outside their network, you can use the following AT&T outgoing mail server instead.

* cwmx.com. No user name or password required

B.

Last edited by Brutus22; 07-25-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Monkey
I did that and I rebooted iPhone. It helped. Thing is, one really shouldn't have to do that stuff to make sure the browser is reliable.
I agree. Just wanted to make sure you knew there was a way to fix it temporarily. I've had to do this as well, but only a few times. Seems to be needed more after visiting certain website or trying more complex things (many web pages open at once).

Topic: iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.