iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 07-07-2007, 03:43 AM

Freshman Lounger

Wow...good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 AM

Mac Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpivot
well, mine just froze up and wont do anything, wont turn off so I can restart it it just sits there with the backlight on?????? I hope it dies so I can hopefully hook it up to the wall and it turns back on, wish me luck.........
OK, it sat on my nightstand last night unplugged so it would die, and when I woke up this morning it was off (The power drained) it said please charge or something like that, so it was working, I plugged it in and BOOM I was back again!

I think it was my fault it froze up though, I was laying on the floor waiting for my PC to back up all my files onto DVD's because I ordered a iMac (and its ALOT of files) so I was like OK Im going to browse the internet via the iPhone, and I think I fell asleep with my finger on the screen and the iPhone was like what do you want me to do, and since I didnt do anything but lay there and hold the screen the iPhone got confused and said ohwell, Im confused so now you will be, lol.

So, not a big deal, its good now.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

1.PDF I tried did not display correctly, only images displayed but pages with text were blank.
2.Birthday date for one of the contacts I imported from Vista contacts was off by one day when synced to iphone.
3.I have an audiobook that is 13 hours long - it is impossible to position playback to exact moment you want, it seems like you can move in 12-15 minutes chunks.
4.Got stupid error message that iphone is unable to connect to EDGE network altough I was on my home wifi already
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Bugs:
1) Google Maps - When you have a route planned and you go to another application (say a call comes in or you start a song on your iPod) and then come back to Google Maps, the program always displays the route overview instead of remembering which view you were on last time. So if you're on the 15th turn in your directions, you'll have to click through all the previous 14 turns again if you ever leave the google maps app.

Features that must be fixed/added:
1) SMS text message, there must be an ability to send to more than one person.
2) MMS messaging needs to be added.
3) Ability to rotate the screen sideways to type in any program.
4) Faster way to go directly to a random contact in your list. One good way to fix this would be to pop up a keyboard if you hit the contacts list button twice and allow you to start typing the person's name.
5) safari crashes
6) Speakerphone volume. When playing music out loud, the volume is acceptable. Basically they just need to amplify the volume of the phone call audio before putting it to the speakers.
7) Ear volume... Phone calls in general are too quiet at the loudest setting. If i'm in a noise-filled bar or something, I can't hear what the person is saying to me.

Apps I would like to see:
1) Gmail application made by google... similar to their java-based apps on other phones. Gmail is worthless over POP3. I'm pretty sure Google will be bringing this out in the next few weeks though.
2) Flash. Lots of pages (MLB team websites) are very useless without Flash. I imagine Adobe would want to deliver this though and I understand that it may take a little time to develop a mobile version.

Those are my biggest gripes thus far, fortunately all software/firmware fixable issues.

Last edited by Neo8234; 07-07-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Junior Lounger

Bluetooh for Vehicle Head Unit

I thought and I WAS LOOKING forward to the IPhone with bluetooth capability to stream/play your audio files to a vehicle stereo headunit like one that pioneer or kenwood has.

I think the NEW IPod will have this function so we have to wait for that

ZOOM !!!! and PIXEL !!! Add zoom to it and maek it a 3-4 megapixel camera,.. that would be nice since many people likeme use their CELLPHONE to make pictures in simplest locations. Just when u talk to ur friend on the phone and u see something that u want to share with high details ... u know
BE MORE UNIQUE and put a locator in GPS but that is something called no real need "yet"

FLASH/SHOCKWAVE is a must for like webdesinger who send each other infos/ quick ideas...

This IPhone is the best just add a few more feature PLEASE
Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 AM

Junior Lounger

Anybody else had this problem?

When listening to music and a call comes in--the iPhone sometimes (not frequently) freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

Happens maybe 1 in 30 calls...
Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuteBol
Aside from the 40 hour wait to activate my iPhone (finally got it working last Sunday) it has been glitch-free...up until today. I switch between the many features of the phone very frequently, from SMS to Safari to Mail to Camera to Photos to Google Maps in a matter of a few minutes. I love this thing!

However, I noticed today that my phone got a bit "slower". The slider bar was very choppy. The phone was "reluctant" to change the orientation of my pictures and internet browser, and when it did, it too was very choppy. There was a delay when I input my passcode. I started getting a bit worried. Then the phone started acting even stranger. It would constantly return to the main "widgets" screen within 1-2 minutes of activating a feature. I'd listen to a song, then it would cut off and go to the main screen. Google maps would load, then again it would crash and go back to the main screen. Same thing for Safari; load a website, it crashes, and return to main screen. Its only been 5 days and already my iPhone got glitchy.

I then realized that I didn't turn the phone off for about 48 hours. Without powering off, I would charge it and go to sleep, or charge it in my car during my commute. I didn't know how to reset the thing when it got glitchy, so I just turned it off for 1 minute. I turned it back on, and voila...it was good as new. Slider bar was smooth, everything again ran perfectly. So, every now and then I "power off" the phone to keep it running smoothly.

I don't know how to explain this problem, has anyone else run into a similar situation?
I was having these same problems. I thought it was because I was at work and didn't have network and little cell availability for some reason. Then the slide to unlock stopped functioning all together. So I did a reboot and things seem to be working better. I am also going to remember to keep clearing the cache (from the settings menu) on ocassion as well.

As for why this has to be done and letting the cell phone cool down....
This is for all intents and purposes, a computer. All electronic devices when being run have a tendency to heat up. Batteries on any cell phone, latpop etc while in use begin to heat. Heat is death to computers. So be kind, give them a break.

It would make sense that an ocassional "reboot" is required. I don't care if it is windows or mac, leaving your operating system up and running for multiple days may be possible, but it is always healthy to give it a little restart to clear out cache and let the system reset.

For Neo(?) who said we needed a quicker way to navigate contacts, I am assuming you know the alphabet is on the side to assist with that so you don't have to slide every time? I am not having a problem using that to quickly go to a particular contact.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Surfing stops the music

When I am surfing at home on wifi and listening to the ipod at the same time, the music randomly stops. Anyone else w/ that problem or how to prevent it from happening? Seems to happen with a web page is taking a long time to load.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:16 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccloud
When I am surfing at home on wifi and listening to the ipod at the same time, the music randomly stops. Anyone else w/ that problem or how to prevent it from happening? Seems to happen with a web page is taking a long time to load.

I've seen the same thing. It's the iPod software crashing in the background. I reset my iPhone (hold down the home and standby buttons) and it seems to happen less often now. I'm guessing Safari is more the culprit. This should be the first thing addressed in a soft/firmware update.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Insanely Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuo
When the iPhone is really hot from browsing or doing any energy comsuming activity, it sometimes freezes.

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmcubed
Wow. I have to let my mobile phone 'cool down'? That's really inconvenient.
Well duh! Are u SERIOUSLY gonna keep the phone if you have to let it cool down between use?

Comeon people, u can't love anything that much.

Your prob maybe THIS and Apple should replace it for ya.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

when the phone wakes up from sleep the touch screen doesn't react so i've missed calls this way. It won't let me "slide to unlock" 7 times out of 10.

The phone glitches like crazy. At first I thought it was the EDGE network but it did so in iPod mode. It keeps on shutting down whatever I was doing and takes me back to the main menu. Anyone actually go to the apple store and exchange it there or do I have to call up Apple? Also anyone return the phone opened without having to pay the $60 fee? I love the thing but at $600 it had better be perfect or else I'm just going to wait for the new generation

If I do an exhange it's going to be a pain to have to keep on entering my numbers since I don't use MS Outlook. I wish Apple would design it so that we could just use our old SIM cards.

I can't believe this thing doesn't have AIM!!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpgoomba
It keeps on shutting down whatever I was doing and takes me back to the main menu.
Did you try shutting the phone off then turning it back on? I had that problem (see 1st page) and shutting it off and then back on every now and then fixes the "glitch" for me. As for AIM, theres an app that supposedly allows you to get on AIM, although I haven't tried it yet.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 PM

Veteran Lounger

Try putting it in the dock or hooking it up to the wall charger and then do the reset combination.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

yea i shut it off and the problems went away

Anyone know where I can get this AIM app? More memory and AIM are the only things I think this phone is missing.

I can live without setting my music for ringtones although I understand why others would want it.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 AM

Junior Lounger

The ilounge list of webapps for iPhone has the link to the AIM chat thing.

I found a new bug last night. I was trying to set up a recurring appointment on the calendar for every friday from now until sometime in december with a biweekly recurrence. After I did it, I wound up with two sometimes three duplicates on the calendar on every other friday.

Topic: iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.