(Sorta)new here and in trouble. - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: (Sorta)new here and in trouble.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

(Sorta)new here and in trouble.

I have 3 email accounts one of them is locked and I can not receive mail. Unfortunately that is also the email (which is Yahoo) I signed my Apple account with is on my iPad and is why I wanted to changes my email account on my iPad from the broken Yahoo account to my gmail account. Only trouble is I can not delete the yahoo email account without the password and I do not remember the psssword and I can not ask for a change because they will try to email to the broken email account that can not revieve email. I took photo snaps of the problem but I do not know how to post the pics on here to show you what Iím talking about.
Itís showing that my Apple ID is on the gmail account but the iCloud is still on yahoo. And now a lot of my apps needs updating and it is asking for my yahoo account password which I forgot. So..... is there a solution, I actually went to an Apple store while vacationing in California and they said without that yahoo password thereís nothing that be done.
Someone please help?
Old 11-12-2018, 12:38 PM

Summary:

Email account 1: Yahoo - locked
Email account 2: Gmail - Functional
Email account 3: unknown - possibly the recovery email address for Yahoo.

Apple ID is using Gmail and Yahoo -- Sounds bad here. Should have logged into Yahoo account and changed the email to Gmail so old purchases remain accessible and data in iCloud is not lost.
iCloud ID is using Yahoo - can't change without password. This password should NOT be the same as the Yahoo email password.

iPad is logged in with Yahoo email Apple ID.
Something else may be logged in with Google email Apple ID

Possible fix:
Recover your Yahoo email address. https://www.lifewire.com/recover-yahoo-password-1174485
Then you should be able to recover the iCloud password with https://iforgot.apple.com using the email process with your Yahoo account.

Then you may want to make yet another email account on Gmail or other service (I don't recommend Yahoo) and CHANGE your email on the Yahoo Apple ID, to the NEW email account (you can't use the current Gmail as that would be merging one Apple ID with another, and that is not possible) and abandon or delete the current Gmail Apple ID.

If you are going to keep the Yahoo account, change the recovery account to the new email account.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-16-2018, 10:31 AM

Freshman Lounger

Well, tried that I gave them my yahoo email and they said they an account number to that yahoo mail but it’s not there. No new email in my yahoo. So that means my yahoo email is locked and I can not receive email. To my yahoo. So....
I was to,d sooner or later my apps will stop working because I didn’t update.
I did though find Youtube and of course Facebook on safari browser. (Been using Facebook on safari for sometime now. I just now got connected with my YouTube a few weeks ago), so I’m good there. And I was also able to use my gmail account through safari too. So, I guess as long as safari works, that’s a good back up. I just need this iPad to last me until I get back to the states which will probably be next summer.
Right now I even have a software update notice that I have no choice but to ignore. Everything’s working now. And I have an android smartphone and an LG smartTV with Youtube, Netflix and a browser too, so that’ll stall any catastrophes until we get back to the states. (cross fingers, knock on wood)
(BTW, did I mention my mom and I live in Mexico trying to sell our house so we can move back to the states our house will be paid off next June, hopefully we we will move then)
Old 11-16-2018, 02:13 PM

You know you don't have to use your iOS device to access this stuff. I find that a PC is much easier to deal with recovering access.

You can use your Yahoo account from any browser. You don't have to use the app. If you use a browser (Safari or Firefox or Chrome) you may be able to get access to new email. Then resolve the issues with the steps I listed above. Heck you could use the browser on your Android to do it.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: (Sorta)new here and in trouble.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.