iPad battery life - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPad battery life

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-04-2018, 12:58 PM

Pro Lounger

iPad battery life

Hi. I have minimal notifications set up. I charged my iPad Pro battery to 100 percent last night and with no activity all night anticipated being at 100 or very close, but I was down to 83. I've been using it on and off all day and it seems to be lasting pretty well, but was concerned about the big drop through the night. Before leaving iPad last night, I did close all applications running in the background. Its new and under warranty, do I need to be concerned Mark?

160 gb Classic Video iPod
512 gb iPad Pro (mid 2017)
iPhone 8 Plus
iMac

Last edited by WMarkJ; 05-04-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:39 PM

There could have been a big batch of updates installed last night, using the battery.

I don't think there is any reason to be concerned, but repeating the scenario will give you some data points if you wanted to visit an Apple Store with this query.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
There could have been a big batch of updates installed last night, using the battery.

I don't think there is any reason to be concerned, but repeating the scenario will give you some data points if you wanted to visit an Apple Store with this query.
Thanks for reply, good info. Question however. Would the updates not have required me to click on “install now”?

iPhone 8 Plus
iMac
Old 05-04-2018, 08:48 PM

Not if auto updates are on.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 PM

Pro Lounger

Quote:

Quote:
Not if auto updates are on.
Gotcha thanks

iPhone 8 Plus
iMac

Topic: iPad battery life

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.