installing WhatsApp on a iPadMini - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: installing WhatsApp on a iPadMini

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Senior Lounger

installing WhatsApp on a iPadMini

I was about to install WhatsApp but was put off by the many negative comments, (many of which I did not understand fully).

I would appreciate advice from iLoungers. Is the app wrth downloading? Which of the several flavors offered on the App Store should I download? FWIW, I will be using the iPad on a WiFi network. Thanks. .... wdc
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 PM

It is just another messaging app, it apparently pretty good with security (using Open Whisper Systems "Signal" protocol) though they have a small issue with sending messages to offline people. Too technical to really get into it here, but Facebook Messenger has the same weakness.

Signal does not have that weakness.

I don't see a lot of negative reviews. Yes there are a few, but it looks overwhelmingly positive. The app lets you text to any device with the app installed.

There is only one WhatsApp https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what...310633997?mt=8

My preference is still the Messages app, followed by Facebook Messenger. I also use Telegraph for Pokemon Go Raids, but only for that. I had nothing against WhatsApp, just none of my contacts use it.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

But Whatsapp is a really good messaging service. If you don't like that, try Viber.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:33 AM

Freshman Lounger

It was helpful..
Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

We all different opinions about certain apps, try to weigh on the features that it offers like free message and calls. I have tried to check the review and majority likes it. I am still using Whatsapp but it's not just the app that I have on my phone, I have Viber as a backup and of course the famous facebook messenger.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:17 PM

Senior Lounger

Thank you all for your comments.

I (believe?) I read something that said Whatsapp was not yet available for an iPad Mini. I assume that was a misreading, right? Would someone please CONFIRM that Whatsapp IS available for an iPadMini and tell me which site I should download it from?

Thanks. ...wdc
Old 04-25-2018, 06:29 PM

It is in the iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what...310633997?mt=8

You may need to look at both iPhone and iPad apps to see it. When I get home I'll see if I can load it onto my iPad.

Topic: installing WhatsApp on a iPadMini

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.