How do I save webpages in iPad? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I save webpages in iPad?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

How do I save webpages in iPad?

The title says it all.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:25 PM

Saving pages can be done in a couple of ways.

The usual is Bookmarking, tap the box with the up arrow in the status bar, then choose Add Bookmark and it will go in your bookmarks. You can access your bookmarks by tapping the book icon in the status bar, then ensure the pages are highlighted and tap the bookmark to go there.

You can follow the same process and choose Add to Favorites (instead of Add Bookmark) and the bookmark will appear on the empty home page of the Safari Browser. Then you can tap the book mark there to open the page. No need to open the Bookmarks. Though you can still get to them from the Bookmarks after you tap on Favorites.

You can follow the same process and choose Add to Home Screen (instead of Add Bookmark) to create an icon on your home screen for the site. It will look like an app.

Finally, if you want to read it offline (save pages for reading without network) then you can tap the box with the up arrow in the status bar, then choose Add to Reading List. That will download the page for offline reading. You can see these by tapping the pages in the status bar, then tap the glasses in the Bookmarks window.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you again.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:12 PM

Freshman Lounger

Something strange is happening here. The pages that I want to save have that little square with the up arrow at the bottom of my iPad. When I click on it I see some options but none that says bookmark or favorites. On the other hand, I noticed some pages show that little square at the top of the page. When that one opens up it shows favorites. Why is that icon showing in different places? How can I have the options in that icon to be always the same? I'm missing something here but I dunno what it is.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 PM

The box with the up arrow is always on the top in the Safari browser for iOS 10.3.3 just to the right of the URL bar.
Tap it and you should see many options.
Air Drop, Message, Mail, Reminders, Add to Notes ...
Under that are white boxes.
The Star us Add to Favorites
The Book is Add Bookmark
The Glasses are Add to Reading List
The + is add to Home Screen

The double box in the top right corner is used to see all the tabs and allow you to close tabs and when you run out it shows your Favorites

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-19-2017, 08:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

Yes, the reason I was getting the small box with an arrow at the bottom is cause I Googled those pages. If I use the Safari browser I get it at the top. Thanks again.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:47 AM

Freshman Lounger

Smile

Normaly at the bottom of the page you get share options on your iphone or ipad. so you can share it.
Or on any web browser like safari click on file tab top left corner then save as and that page saved on your iphone. this is same for firefox or google chrome browser.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

thank you for the tips

Topic: How do I save webpages in iPad?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.