Bought used ipad pro 9.7 some issues

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

The Fire Snake

Hi.

I bought a used ipad pro 9.7. The last owner said it was used for about 6 months for just taking notes in class. I just received it and it looks and seems to function perfectly, but I had a few questions.

1.). I was looking to buy a wifi only one and thats what the owner said it was. When I got it, I was suprised that the box said wifi+cellular. I wanted to know if I actually have a cell plus wifi one or just wifi. I can't read the back of the tablet since it has a skin. Any other way to tell?

2.). Never had a cell tablet. Shouldnt I be seeing some cell related config in settings? I don't see anything related to cell.

3.). I am really disappointed in the battery life. Stand by time is very good but battery life when using it for basic stuff is low. It is less than my ipad air 1 that I have. How can that be? Do cell based tablets have less battery life than wifi only, even if cell is not being used?

cjmnews

Staff member
The most obvious setting is in Settings->Cellular if that is there it has cellular. Otherwise the guy happened to have a cellular box lying around and used it.

Battery life can be different between models, especially with bright screen settings, background update settings and usage differences. Yes cellular can have a lower battery life as they connect to two networks at the same time.