Movies I purchased not available in Library on iPad Mini 4 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Movies I purchased not available in Library on iPad Mini 4

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Junior Lounger

Movies I purchased not available in Library on iPad Mini 4

I have a new iPad Mini 4. I open up the Videos app and look in the Library, and only half of my purchased movies show up. Is there a limit as to how many devices can download purchased content? I have them on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro also.

Thanks.

John

iPhone 7+ 256GB / iPad Pro 9.7" 128GB / iPad Mini 4 64GB / Apple Watch Series 2.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:04 PM

To my knowledge they should be available for all your devices.

Even in the Apple video page they state: Buy once, available everywhere.

Now there is a caveat to this, just like with music. If you buy a movie on a previous device, and it is no longer available in the iTunes store, then the new devices will not see it. This is why people should download ALL of their iTunes Store purchases to iTunes, and back it up to something not continuously connected to your computer.

If the movie is in iTunes, you can sync it to the device. Even if it is no longer available in the iTunes Store.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
.....This is why people should download ALL of their iTunes Store purchases to iTunes, and back it up to something not continuously connected to your computer.

If the movie is in iTunes, you can sync it to the device. Even if it is no longer available in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for reminding me of this! While I haven't backed up my library to an external HD in awhile, I think I have a copy of the movie in question on that HD. I'll check when I get home.

Thanks for answering my question!

John

iPhone 7+ 256GB / iPad Pro 9.7" 128GB / iPad Mini 4 64GB / Apple Watch Series 2.

Topic: Movies I purchased not available in Library on iPad Mini 4

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.