why do I see differnet contacts on my ipad and iphone - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: why do I see differnet contacts on my ipad and iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-21-2017, 10:58 AM

Freshman Lounger

why do I see differnet contacts on my ipad and iphone

I have an ipad Air 2 running the IOS11 beta, and iPhone running IOS 10.3.3.

Over the years, I have accumulated a few accounts from varous sources (gmail, hotmail, etc.) and have some contacts configured on each of these. I have set up the same set of accounts to synchronise the same data on both devices, yet sometimes my iphone will resolve a phone number to a contact, while the iPad won't.
This was happening before I installed the IOS 11 beta, so I don't believe it is related to that.

can anyone explain why this might be the case, and what I could do to resolve it?
Old 07-21-2017, 02:18 PM

This is probably a difference in Privacy settings, and data on the device.

See if your iPhone is allowing any of the apps associated with the email accounts has access to your contacts. Check to see if the iPad has a different setting.

The other issue could be data associated with the contact, where on the iPhone you added a phone number, but that is not a field that the email system cares about so it does not get uploaded to the email service and downloaded to your iPad. It is hard to say exactly.

You could enable all the apps to use your contacts (you may get some duplicates and need to merge them with Linked Contacts) on your iPhone. Then have your iPhone sync the contacts to iCloud, then have your iPad pull the contacts from iCloud, And if the iPad has the same merging options as the iPhone (once again duplicates are possible) then they all should be in sync with all the data.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: why do I see differnet contacts on my ipad and iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.