Why am I having less memory on my iPad? - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Why am I having less memory on my iPad?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 08-01-2017, 07:50 AM

Reclined Lounger

I did a test on my YouTube app. I ramble a 2 hr video on it while it was charging. The video ended but YouTube a app was still on after about 4 hours when the pad was fully charged. I turned the pad off for the rest of the night. Does that mean the YouTube app won't crash? If not all app wil crash then it's the app, but then doesn't explain why even if I reinstall a new Facebook app it would still crash. Please I can NOT do a hard reset, I have to spend money and fixing that laptop and other stuff yardage yards and my mom will not be too happy with that.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:27 PM

There is no way to assure an app won't crash. No matter what it is, there is an event that the developer probably didn't anticipate, and that event will cause a crash. There may be several of these events.

Some crashes are caused by the OS doing things that Apps don't expect, or doing bad things because there is an issue in the current installation of the OS.

Since you are unable to restore your device, then you are stuck with dealing with more crashes than the average user. I suggest fixing the situation before the iPad forces you to restore and you'll have nothing.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 08-02-2017, 01:36 PM

Reclined Lounger

"More crashes than the average user"? How many crashes is average? I was thinking you're not supposed to have ANY crashes at all. Like I said I haven't experience any crashes from other apps. And I seemed to only happen when I'm on Facebook.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:54 PM

talking in circles here...occasional crashes are to be expected. It would be nice to have none, but that does not happen. I have 2 apps that crash fairly often, 1 changes all the time so the code base is not stable, the other is more experimental, so it is expected. Facebook never crashes. Auto-playing videos are disabled and I don't watch them, I remove all suggested posts, and I never post. It is just there to give me an easy login to several games. So I am not a typical Facebook user. I think I have seen it crash once in the last 4 years.

Your iPad is in an unstable state, and will eventually need to be restored. Best to do it when you are ready for it, not when you can't spend the time to do it, or lose something that is only on the iPad.

In other words your iPad is running on borrowed time. It will crash, and take some data with it. You just don't know when. Find a working computer, restore a backup of your iTunes library to it. Sync the iPad. Restore the iPad.

If you can't get your iTunes library backup restored to a computer, then you might as well erase the iPad now, restore it, and lose the data when you expect to instead of later in a rush and in a panic over it. Then you can have a stable iPad again, ending this thread...

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Why am I having less memory on my iPad?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.