Facebook app crashing again - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Facebook app crashing again

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Reclined Lounger

Facebook app crashing again

I can't find where I posted this topic but I had trouble before but I updated my software and it stopped crashing for a while until today. I checked setting my software does not need updating. I'm checking my apps in the apps icon, there no call to update Facebook. What are the causes of Facebook app crash?
It only happen once so far, but I'm gonna start using my Safari browser for Facebook until further notice.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:42 AM

You can always uninstall the app, reboot, install the app again. Maybe that would fix it.

Perhaps you posted at Facebook on the problems with their app.
Check out Facebook Support: https://www.facebook.com/help/115802...elpref=hc_fnav
You can report issues to them directly: https://www.facebook.com/help/186570...ef=faq_content
Old 06-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Reclined Lounger

Well I got rid o for the Facebook ok app. I'm now using Facebook via google chrome browser app. The videos seem to stream easier. I'll just see how this goes for awhile.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:00 PM

They may prefer that since they can more easily track you across the web with the browser to customize your advertisements.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 06-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Reclined Lounger

Who may prefer that? And what advertisements?
Old 06-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Facebook, Google and the advertisers will like that better. When you visit web sites, especially shopping sites, the ads will change based on your search criteria. I expect they are all over the place. I don't know as I block them all, have blocked them for 15 years now. I didn't know that YouTube had ads until 5 years ago. This is why I don't use the YouTube app unless I am troubleshooting your problems. Yes I block the facebook icon on all pages to reduce the tracking.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 AM

Reclined Lounger

I reinstalled the Facebook app, one last time and it was doing ok for about a week then it just crashed again. So I guess I'll use the browser app from now on, even though it seems harder to maneuver I guess it gets easier.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:53 PM

Senior Lounger

I have never had crashing problems with the Facebook app on any iPhone or iPad that I have ever owned. I now use it for 99% of my Facebook time. On rare occasions, I will access via a browser on my computer. I take all iOS and Facebook app updates immediately when offered.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:37 AM

Reclined Lounger

So do I? Still the Facebook app crashes. You don't think it's my iPad itself do you? Why would mine crash even with the updates and not yours?
Old 07-01-2017, 12:29 PM

Senior Lounger

I really have no idea. I doubt it's the hardware. Could be a setting in the app or some app that is running in the background, I suppose.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Reclined Lounger

Ok.... now my google chrome browser app crashed while on Facebook this morning. Can someone PLEASE tell me what's causing these apps to crash?? ☹️��

Topic: Facebook app crashing again

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.